How do I get back in touch with this guy I initially rejected (full story below)?

I was seeing someone for about 5 months, not exclusively and we were open to seeing other people on the side whilst dating each other, let's call him Man1. I went on two dates with another guy (Man2), who was just my type and we got on really well. Thing is, is that I knew I was falling for Man1 at the time and I reluctantly said to Man2 that I wasn't interested in taking things further with him right now, (I didn't let on that I really liked him.) He took it well and we haven't spoken since, which was a month ago. Anyway, Man1 decided to end things with me due to health reasons, so now I'd like to get in touch with Man2 again, but my dilemma is - would he be interested? Is it worth a shot? And what on earth should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's interested but honestly, being put second is not a great feeling. Remember that if you're gonna contact him.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's something you need to decided but being second chioice is not a great feeling. Im in a current situation like this but not with two men. I want to be with this man but im moving on because im not being put first and Im being treated like an option. All i can say is good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• No man wants to be your back up plan. If he accepts you back, he has a very low self-esteem.

• Love me

• I love this site for this reason. Guys, read this, absorb it, read it again and remember it the next time you are on a date. You are nothing but another option, just a piece on a board that she shuffles around to suit her needs.

It's called dating hun. Women are treated exactly the same.

What Girls Said 2

• You can try but I'm not sure if he would want to or not since you have already rejected him once

• He may be interested. You ended on good terms, just send him a message with an inside joke or something you know he will find funny? Just to break that initial ice and then ask how he's been and keep chatting from there?