How long is your shortest relationship?

I've just ended the shortest relationship I've ever had this afternoon, 3 months. He got accepted in other country's university, so he'll be gone by January next year. Neither he nor I ever believe in long distance relationship, so we ended it. It suck so bad, like on one side, I'm happy he got accepted, on the other side, I have to let him go while we still like each other. I tried cheering myself up by binge watching comedy movies, but the louder I laugh, the bigger my urge to cry. Funny how laughing can actually bring out the sadness inside us huh...

0|0
10|14

Most Helpful Guy

• About a month to month and a half. It was my first and so far only relationship. She left me without telling me why and I was (and still kinda am) devastated because I had major feelings for her. I feel your pain, just because a relationship is short doesn't mean it hurts any less when its over.

2|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Cheer up dude, I'm trying to bring myself up too right now

• 2mo

I'm trying, its not always easy though. Good thing for you though is you can still probably have contact with him or have a chance to get back together when he gets back. There's basically no hope for my situation so its been very difficult to get over.

Most Helpful Girl

• Around 2 months. The guy did something unacceptable and was toxic. I left instantly. All I can say is, with time it really does get better. I know people don't want to hear it cause you want to feel better instantly but it will take time, there's no way around it. It's OK to cry and be sad. Just give yourself a cut off date to stop mourning and then pick yourself up and look forward.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• About 3 months as well. Kind of. Sort of.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well then you should cry cause it's the process of moving on... And you want cry because even if your broke up to protect your feelings or heart, deep down you know that you are really sad cause you broke up with someone you loved !! And needed!

1|0
    0|0
  • 0 years, 0 months, 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, and 0.00 seconds.
    (more or less)

I almost had one with a bff I had in kindergarten. Mutual love at first sight, but I moved a lot and her mom didn't let her contact me indirectly. We went on two casual dates as we finally met again to catch up, but she died just before we could cross the line...

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 months, she turned out to be a lunatic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two hours. But its the most fun two hours we had.

0|1
    0|1
  • Well, if we count an extended one nighter as a relationship then roughly...13? hours.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like 3 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • A week I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 months

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 months

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did

0|0
    0|0
  • 7-6 months , who knows

0|0
    0|0
  • Like 4 months

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• My shortest relationship was probably 30 minutes. Of like actual dating it was like 2 days.

3|2
    0|0
  • 4 Days. Lmao.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

I'd love to hear that story one day lol.

• 2mo

@Cosytoasty Well let me tell you in a nutshell:

Knew a guy since childhood, was my older brother's friend. Guy kinda dated my sister, but it fell through. Years passed, I turned 20 and one night we just made out on a whim. He asked me out, and went full clinger on me. Like ridiculously clingy. I told him to not come over one day because I wasn't feeling well, and he showed up anyway, and wouldn't leave me alone. He also tried to bribe me with expensive shit.

Then when he felt me pulling back he said we should just be friends and then ease ourselves back into things, I agreed, and never heard from him again. Lol.

• My shortest relationship was two months. I don't even know why we bothered getting into a relationship because we both weren't even that into each other lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had a real relationship outside of the internet world so 0 seconds.

0|0
    0|0
  • 14 months

0|0
    0|0
  • If you count middle school relationships, 8 hours. But I don't count middle school relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • A blink of an eye

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was 8-9 months lol.

0|0
    0|0