Guy broke up with me after two dates, should I give him money back for the dates?

I met a guy through a mutual friend recently and we went on two dates. He insisted on paying for them (I said I'd rather split it) but he just said "you can owe me a date". Despite everything going well he ended things after a week saying he "realised he still had feelings for his ex" and "wasn't quite feeling it with me". I was thinking of giving our mutual friend the $20 I owe him to pass on (now that I won't be repaying him via a date) with a little note attached. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he cared about the money, he should've let you split it with him like you asked. He offered to pay, so that's on him.

If he asks for it back, then maybe you should give it to him just to avoid drama, but otherwise, don't worry about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. No. No.
    He insisted. You offered, yet he insisted.
    He paid those dates because he wanted to.
    Don't consider it as you 'owe' him something because you not.
    It's just not cool and ridiculous to give him $20 it just not right lol
    Hon just let him go.. He's not interested he's not the one for you. You will find the better one very soon.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't do it. There's no point, if it was me I wouldn't want it.

• Hell nah

• I mean... you don't owe him anything. It is completely your choice to do it out of kindness.

• marry me!

• Nope
    Block him every way you can

• Hell no

• if you want to? I mean, it's not necessary, but, if you feel bad, you can

What Girls Said 4

• There's no need to do that. It's not a "thing" to give back money for dates.

• WTF lol no. You dont have to do that. Nobody does that. Don't do that.

• Nah. He insisted. It was his choice. Also the action may come off as snarky and ill intended.

• What? No, that's just weird. And your friend will just pocket the twenty anyway.

Why is it weird? I was just gonna put in in an envelope for her to give him with a little note acknowledging the break up and saying I don't feel right about owing him money now that I won't be taking him on a date