Up thinking about an old past romance?

Time has gone by, and I still think about him from time to time. He hurt me, and I can't stop thinking about him. We didn't even have anything serious. We fooled around for a year, but it wasn't official. We had date nights, talked or texted for hours/days on end. I just it hurts, i'm not as bad as I was before. Some days I'm not thinking of him, and then out of nowhere he fills my head. I had a dream about him recently, and for some reason my twin had a dream of him wanting to talk to me. It's been 7-8 months, and I'm literally up at 1am, and I can't get him out of my head. It hurts, and it's useless. He isn't coming back, and I am not going back. How long has it taken you to get over someone. What helped to distract you?

2mo What should I do? I can't continue like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• People that have caused to feel a certain way, especially negatively, will leave a mark in our minds.

The trick is, you have to come to terms with that he hurt you, and you take it a positive lesson, no matter how hard it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hook up with another guy, meet other guys to date

I've tried that. I've gone through a few of them, and it didn't help at all. I thought it would, I even hooked up with different guys.

He is toxic, and didn't care about me or my feelings. He was a douchebag to me, he used me. He really hurt me. I was having panic attacks, and etc. I hate myself, because I know the type of person he is, and I still miss him. I know it won't be good if we reconciled. I want to get over him, but it hasn't t been easy. I feel guilty, because I knew what type of person he was. I allowed myself to fall for him, and now I am having sleepless nights.

That doesn't sound good. I think you should see a counselor or therapist and ask for advice.

What Guys Said 1

• Message me
    Let's talk about it

Okay

Also you have to follow me back

Okay so I followed you, and okay my apologies @Lala240

What Girls Said 1

• It has in some cases taken me over a year to get over someone. Sometimes it happens quick, other times it doesn't. However, it depends on how committed you are to pushing him out of your thoughts and to not pursue social media stalking. For me though, I never truly move on till I find someone new that I click with. That has always been my final way of moving on. Till I meet the next guy, I'm always thinking of the last in the back of my mind but even then, the pain lessens with time.