My boyfriend doesn't like receiving or giving presents; even on his birthday! What do I do?

Some more information; we've been together 6 months. He hates receiving gifts because they give him anxiety. He doesn't give or receieve on birthdays, even his own (apart from his mum and brother), he doesn't want me to get him a small Christmas present and he's never done Valentines Day. Now, I'm not one for over the top gifts, even on bloody Valentines Day, but I've always enjoyed giving gifts to people I care for. It's just how I am, and how I've been raised in my family. His views on this whole business seem very extreme. He also suffers from depression. What do I do? Should I end things?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never got anything for holidays or my bday as well, never really celebrate them either its really weird to me too if someone tries to get me a gift, I usually acknowledge the gesture and just let them keep the gift

Most Helpful Girl

• Respect his choice. Instead offer to treat him to dinner or buy him something that he can pick out. Sometimes I hate getting gifts because if I don't like it I either have to lie and say I love it or I have to be honest and say I don't like it... awkward either way. If you want him to buy you a gift tell him so and if it is too much for him to pick it out and surprise you then you pick it out and he can pay for it. Don't dump a guy because he has anxiety and depression. He can only control that so much... the rest is chemical.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend doesn't like getting presents either so for Christmas I got him 3 small gifts things he really loved! I gave him a funny coffee mug with candy and a gift card to his favorite coffee shop (He loves coffee , drinks over a pot everyday).

• Maybe don't give him gifts, but set aside money or him