Would you go for a dating a guy who doesn't have a college degree?

Is it okay for a guy not to have a college degree? 80% of jobs are looking for some. So would you date/marry someone who never went to college? and if yes, how do you see your life together?

0|1
9|13

Most Helpful Guy

• I do have a degree in physics witch took me 3 years but I don't think you necessarily need one for most jobs it helps get through hr filters and i'm sure it's certainly a positive but it really depends what you do (and who you know).
    Ie no degree needed for the forces college dropouts who had a succeeding business they started or job to take go to. People who did apprenticeships like deep sea welding , plumbing accountancy!
    my degree is relevant to what i do software engineering but for many they end up doing something completely unrelated.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Also notice how they normally say or equivalent there are alternate qualifications available
      though the best opportunities normally aren't advertised on job bords.

Most Helpful Girl

• Since I have finished college, I always naturally presumed my 'future husband' would too... I never saw myself with someone who didn't, and the more people I get to know eho have never had the desire to go to college, the more I know they're just not my type. If I ever meet someone who defies that type and hasn't finished college, of course he could be the one... Who knows...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• How about someone like me that doesn't have a college degree, but I run my own business, and I'm an artist? Why does it matter that I never finished college?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the better question is would you date a full time student that was going for their degree?

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't care if my broad has one or not, as I'd prefer a housewife but if she has a degree, great, if not o well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bah depends. Not necessarily. What's more important is that she/he is following their passions. That's when you have a happy person

0|0
    0|0
  • The people I know who went to college, have less money than those who skipped it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't need a college degree to be successful.

2|1
    0|0
  • Shouldn't it depend what the degree is in? You can get a degree in pottery or gender studies, they are both useless and won't get you a real job. Just having a degree, any degree, doesn't mean anything. You're barista at startbucks has a degree.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not looking for a penis in my life rn maybe l8er m8's

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be like spongebob. Couldn't graduate in school, happily flipping burgers

0|0
    0|0
  • where are you getting your numbers at?

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only dated women with at least a college degree. Intelligence and education are sexy.

0|1
    0|0
  • i wouldn't date a girl who didn't at least have a high school diploma. diplomas are a given. they're free. why shouldn't you get one? degrees you're paying for, it's not necessary to have, to get a good job

0|3
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Nope. Even if he is successful, I'd still like the guy to have a degree.

3|2
    1|3
  • Nah I would never date a man who doesn't have a college degree. My country is not like the USm if he doesn't have a degree it means he's lazy and most probably unemployed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care if a guy has a degree. Like, what if he's becoming a plumber or electrician? That's okay too. As long as he's trying to better himself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't judge them based off if they went to college or not. If you love someone, you love them.

Not everything is based solely off of money and jobs.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

You're 14, so it's unlikely the guys you date will have college degrees.

• 2mo

@clarezero You shouldn't judge me based off my age. Even if I was older I wouldn't care. Like I said, love is love.

• im looking for someone more stable

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and its awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • :) sure. Why should it matter? It doesn't change how they are as a person

0|0
    0|0