Would you go for a dating a guy who doesn't have a college degree?

Is it okay for a guy not to have a college degree? 80% of jobs are looking for some. So would you date/marry someone who never went to college? and if yes, how do you see your life together?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do have a degree in physics witch took me 3 years but I don't think you necessarily need one for most jobs it helps get through hr filters and i'm sure it's certainly a positive but it really depends what you do (and who you know).
    Ie no degree needed for the forces college dropouts who had a succeeding business they started or job to take go to. People who did apprenticeships like deep sea welding , plumbing accountancy!
    my degree is relevant to what i do software engineering but for many they end up doing something completely unrelated.

Also notice how they normally say or equivalent there are alternate qualifications available
      though the best opportunities normally aren't advertised on job bords.

Most Helpful Girl

• Since I have finished college, I always naturally presumed my 'future husband' would too... I never saw myself with someone who didn't, and the more people I get to know eho have never had the desire to go to college, the more I know they're just not my type. If I ever meet someone who defies that type and hasn't finished college, of course he could be the one... Who knows...

What Guys Said 12

• How about someone like me that doesn't have a college degree, but I run my own business, and I'm an artist? Why does it matter that I never finished college?

• I think the better question is would you date a full time student that was going for their degree?

• I honestly don't care if my broad has one or not, as I'd prefer a housewife but if she has a degree, great, if not o well.

• Bah depends. Not necessarily. What's more important is that she/he is following their passions. That's when you have a happy person

• The people I know who went to college, have less money than those who skipped it.

• You don't need a college degree to be successful.

• Shouldn't it depend what the degree is in? You can get a degree in pottery or gender studies, they are both useless and won't get you a real job. Just having a degree, any degree, doesn't mean anything. You're barista at startbucks has a degree.

• Not looking for a penis in my life rn maybe l8er m8's

• It would be like spongebob. Couldn't graduate in school, happily flipping burgers

• where are you getting your numbers at?

• I've only dated women with at least a college degree. Intelligence and education are sexy.

• i wouldn't date a girl who didn't at least have a high school diploma. diplomas are a given. they're free. why shouldn't you get one? degrees you're paying for, it's not necessary to have, to get a good job

What Girls Said 8

• Nope. Even if he is successful, I'd still like the guy to have a degree.

• Nah I would never date a man who doesn't have a college degree. My country is not like the USm if he doesn't have a degree it means he's lazy and most probably unemployed.

• I don't care if a guy has a degree. Like, what if he's becoming a plumber or electrician? That's okay too. As long as he's trying to better himself.

• I wouldn't judge them based off if they went to college or not. If you love someone, you love them.

Not everything is based solely off of money and jobs.

You're 14, so it's unlikely the guys you date will have college degrees.

@clarezero You shouldn't judge me based off my age. Even if I was older I wouldn't care. Like I said, love is love.

• im looking for someone more stable

• Honestly, no.

• Yes and its awesome

• :) sure. Why should it matter? It doesn't change how they are as a person