Anyone else give up on dating?

I personally gave up on dating a few days ago because no guy wants to date me for some reason, they only want hookups. They tell me I'm atrrractjve and pretend to like me but then later on after I catch feelings for them they end up saying they just want hookups. And honestly I'm done with being hurt and all that bs and lies so I'm completely done with "serious"dating. And no I don't hookup with those guys either, I'm actually a virgin. My friends would describe me as nice, friendly, outgoing, caring. loyal, understanding and a overall chill strong independent person. I do plan on being really successful career wise in the future. I'm currently in college for business and I have a part time job. What I want from a guy is someone who is nice, loyal, caring and who actually likes me for me and not just my "looks". I'm also not a gold digger or anything I NEVER want a guy to pay for any of my stuff or I wouldn't expect a guy to pay for dates, I wouldn't expect him to buy me anything either. He could also have his freedom and I won't turn out to be "crazy" and over obsessive or clingy. If he wants to hangout with his friends that are guys or girls that's fine with me because I would trust him completely. But anyways I give up on dating and will probably be single forever

Most Helpful Guy

• That aligns with me really well (except I'm 50, like too old and stuff). but what you described is me, and a certain personality type. Not easy to find.

Look for "happy go lucky" type person, go to church, maybe introverted, technical skills (like computer dude). I've seen these guys around, they exist. Note that church is not a guarantee of character traits, you have to get to know them.

Dating is hard, it is a tough environment now, probably worse than ever because it is hard to find what you want. Eharmony was the best online dating site... few matches but you get closer to what you are looking for. Church, maybe you have a chance there. my brother found his awsome wife on Match... I had no luck there only torture.

I found a great gal on GAG, have found them on online dating before in the past. I think you just live your life and you throw out the junk and keep looking for what you want. if you close off, then you may miss them like I believe I did at times. It's hard to do that when your hopes go high.

Maybe you need to start a club, a dating business, or a t-shirt to weed out the idiots. Also, I'd probably try to date a little older, but be open if you find a quality guy. There are some quality guys on this site... open your eyes girly and see if any are in your area.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way, and I honestly did give up on dating until a couple of months ago my friend introduced me to her friend and yes I became friends with him and all of a sudden it just happened. We have been together for 4 months now and so far everything is going great and he knows I'm a virgin and he isn't pressuring me yet ( I say " yet " because things might change) I don't think you will be single forever. I thought so to about myself because all of the guys I met seemed the same " they just want sex " but I know you will finally find the one.

What Guys Said 17

• I think you're being a little dramatic. The kind of guy you're looking for does exist out there. He's just surrounded in a sea of guys who are there for sex only. The kind of guys you like are having similar issues finding the right girl. Go on dates before you get too emotionally invested. Let them know right away that you're looking for a long term committed relationship.

• Awe, I'm so sad to hear you're giving up. I would say I basically fit your description of what you want in a guy (actually I might be too romantic and clingy for your liking), and I'm sure there are many other guys like that as well. But I am sad, because it sounds like we lost a good one 😔

• Actually, I've never really dated much at all, mostly in high school or in my late teens. Most of the girls I had relations with after high school were either hook-ups that turned into girlfriends or were just hook-ups.

• Hey, you and I both are fed up with the opposite gender's shit. isn't that funny?

• Don't lose faith just yet. It's all part of the experience. You'll find the right guy. Think about it like. Try and choose the right guy

No guy ever wants me for something serious tho only hookups but yet they'd probably want other girls for something more than just a hookup so I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I've only dated one guy before and he ended up cheating

Yea that's probably too early. Focus on developing a more meaningful connection. At least 2 months before you break the ice

If I say no tho then the guy would just stop talking to me forever (that's what usually happens) it seems like most guys don't even wanna wait a week

• This is why I don't date just to date or have a relationship just to say I have one.

You found like a wonderful gal!😀

• Nope , i need more dates , so far i only got once this year lol

Hmm , may be just take a break for few months?

One is pretty good! lol good luck with that date if it's in the future! And I took a break for more than a year lol I've only actually dated 1 guy before

Well I mean I've only had 1 boyfriend before and he ended up cheating so we broke up. I've met a few of them that said they wanted hookup becsixe some of them tell me that after they meet me in person

I see , i am sorry about that , well at least those guys are being honest from early , so you are not getting hurt even more

• Yep, a long time ago.

• Always darkest before dawn. There were times I felt the same way.

This probably sounds dumb as hell considering where you are in the process right now, but someone will come along when you least expect it.

• I'll keep dating, cheers.

• This is the most rubbish bs I've ever read. You're either a troll or a slut! Not all men want sex, they want an emotional intimacy with a good clean woman and these guys including me, are turning MGTOW because committing to sluts like you isn't worth it anymore!

The men including me who want emotional intimacy are mostly MGTOWs because either commitment isn't worth it nowadays (women are becoming more sluttier as time progresses) or we're just fed up on the bullshit feminism feeds the society to.

Wtf you don't even know me. Do you know what a slut means? A slut means a person who has sex with lots of people I mean if people want to do that go ahead unlike you I don't judge but if you read it you would fully know that I said I've NEVER had sex before.

oh yeah, my bad. I've just read the first 2 sentences and don't bother reading the rest because it was too long. XD Oh yeah on an another note, sluts are sluts and I do judge by a woman's promiscuity because I'm a MGHOW!

• tru tru like my sit too imma good guy but tired of being hurt used

• Yup Im just focusing on work, saving my money and weights... NOTHING ELSE MATTERS...

• I would never do that to you. But hey, I am invisible to women. I wish I were attractive.

Aw well there should be more people like you then! im sure you're attractive to at least some people! I don't know what you look like so I can't really judge haha

I don't know. but seems that girls wouldn't like me that much. Kissing/hugging is a fantasy, I haven't even had a girl smile back at me. So never got a chance to ask them about it.
      As per them, I am too nice for them. I think it means that girls do not like it if someone treats them nicely. I think I will have to learn to be impolite, bad, etc. then I will find people to like me.

Maybe the smiling back thing doesn't mean anhfnjng because I know I smile or smile back to people weather it's guys or girls (friendly way nothing more) or maybe those girls you've seen are shy. No do not be impolite/bad... etc you won't find any good girls that way! The best advice I can give you is to treat them like you would treat you're friends but with the romantic part added to it lol

• So you don't date for a few days and you consider that giving up dating?

When did I say that? Loool. I actually haven't dated anyone in a really really really long time and I've only had 1 boyfriend before but what I was saying is since most guys wojdlnt wanna date me and they only want hookups I give up on dating

Well, if you want to concentrate on school/career for now, nothing wrong with that. You can change your mind on the dating thing at anytime.

I'm always gonna foucus on careee but I mean If I met a great guy that actually wants to date and not hookup I would want a relationship

• yeah

• I haven't given up, but I need to figure myself out at what I truly want.

Most recently I got used and ditched by a girl who rebounded me that I ended up liking a lot. Even though I knew she just got out of a LTR after wed had our first date, I decided to be cautious and take it very slow and yet I still got screwed over. This was a woman I clicked with in many ways.

I think dating is tough nowadays especially with all the mind games, online dating sites/apps, etc to find what you want. Sometimes when you think you found the person you want, they're gone the next day.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm kinda in the same position you are right now. I've been crushing on a guy for a while. I'm scared to talk to him because I fear of him just wanting to hook up & nothing else. It sucks for the guys that are actually nice that they don't run into a good girl. But just keep doing what you're doing, focusing on your career & future! Then if you find a guy later down the road, score! If not that's okay, just don't give up on love too much. You'll find someone oneday (:

Girl you should totally talk to that guy!! Yes there are chances he might be bad but you never know he might also be the right one! the only way to find out would be by talking to him! 😊 But I understand what you mean he might only want a hookup part the best thing to do for that would be try not to fall for him or like like him till he proves to you that's not what he wants and okay I'll do that! I doubt I'll find someone but I hope so 😊

I feel like you're giving me advice when I should be giving it to you lmao. He's a shy guy & I've caught him staring at me smiling. I don't know, whatever happens happens. As for you, just keep guys as your friends until you crush on the right guy. There's nothing wrong with having guy friends, no commitment of dating them just a friendly relationship. Then it's always a plus when you need advice for talking to a guy. Then maybe you can have that guy best friend love story type of thing. You're probably really pretty, so just wait until the right guy comes along! ☺️

• I've always preferred hookups to dating! I gave up on dating a long time ago.

• Yeah I've pretty much given up on dating, but that's mainly because so many of the boys my age are hopeless.

I'm 18 and yup I agree with you guys around our age are definitely hopeless!

Definitely!

• I kinda know how you feel. I've never dated anyone, but I highly doubt I'll ever get to experience that since I'm too ugly and unlikeable.

I'm sure you're not ugly! The right guy will love you just the way you are

• Yes, for now. All my relationships have failed . It's too difficult to maintain relationships, they never seem to last 😪

• treat them like shit, i do that to keep them away but i get the opposite reaction :(

You're lucky! I don't get why most guys are f boys tho it's funny tho because you're right people take advantage of you when you're nice and good to them but once you start treating them like shit they start to want you

Do you know what you want from a guy?
      Or what you thought was wrong with the guys you dated?

@sedrftvgyhujik I wanted us both to have a nice time for as long as it lasts witg no strings attached
      and there was nothing wrong with them, they just didn't feel the same way I did about our time together so I fled