Does anyone else hate going out to eat or going to clubs or shopping? I hate going out and I'm having trouble meeting women and socializing any tips?

like I said, being in restaurants or places with people makes me nervous and uncomfortable to the point where I have to leave it's hard to explain but I wasn't always like this, I went into my shell in high school and pretty much had no friends and in college I took most of my courses online and the few courses I did go to campus, I never talked to anybody and no one ever talked to me, now the only times I go out are to pick up groceries or get clothes quickly or going kayaking and bike riding and other activities I enjoy by myself, I have no Facebook or social media and I pretty much wouldn't have anybody to friend on social media, any help on how to break out of this because I sure as hell will never meet women following the routine I currently have even though I enjoy my life. Also I mostly only seem to get along with older people and people, I should also add that when I was in school and started becoming more anti-social people used to make fun of me and call me an old man or a loser because I didn't want to do certain things that I considered stupid, reckless, or outright dangerous, I've been told by people my age that I am..."boring" or "unexciting" and I know girls hate guys that are boring and I sure as hell am not funny either, so any help? I really don't want to put on a facade either because sooner or later women will figure out the real me you know, so any help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you are boring. I think you need to find someone who takes an interest in the same things you do. Maybe join a Kayaking club or a bike riding group. Find stuff you enjoy doing and meet people who also enjoy doing those things. You are bound to find a girl who will like doing those things with you.

I live in a very rural area by myself

Thanks! Even in rural areas there are ways to meet people. Try looking around for local events. Attending them can get you meeting new people.

What Girls Said 2

• Find a therapist and discuss social anxiety.

• I don't go to bars or clubs , but I love eating out and meeting up with friends for a coffee

What Guys Said 2

• There's nowt you really can do if your an introvert unless you have something to offer that's irresistible that will have women chase after you like born with tall good looks, money and status. My self I just had to become an extrovert since women will demand a loud mouth asshole since its a sign of dominance. Women will demand someone who can challenge them socially by playing mind games which women need. They also want a performing clown to entertain them, not some quite spoken introvert caring nice guy who she thinks is boring.

• Try going to lectures, conventions, political protests, and things like that. Most colleges and some libraries do lectures, film screenings, small concerts or expositions or even debates. It's better for meeting a higher class of girl, and by that I mean like intellectually, politically, maturity-wise, etc. You also tend to meet other shut-ins, who are coming to these places for the same reason as you, they don't like the club/bar scene and they're looking for like-minded people. You know where else? Shooting ranges and gun clubs.

Not bad advise actually, although i'm not as socially awkward as the OP i do prefer a 'classy bird' rather than the club goers