I thought I liked a guy but turns out he is too childish.. How can I turn him down without loosing his friendship?

I met a guy about three weeks ago. At first I thought he liked one of my friends but turns out he is into me. It took me a while to process that and during that time he we got closer.. I didn't want to be rude plus I thought I liked him so when he tried to kiss me I didn't pull back. This weekend we went out with one of his friends and a couple of mine. And apparently his friend is so damn sexy whist he is the most childish person I've ever met. How can I show him that I lost my interest in him without loosing his friendship? Is that even possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• What is he doing that's making him childish?

Well he is like those little children that want you to pay attention to them 24/7 and if you talk to someone else they become mad at you.. He does that a lot.. Also he didn't stop showing off his "muscles".. And he compliments you only to compliment him back.. And maaaaany other things..

wow, that does sound childish, and annoying.

Yeah... 😞

What Guys Said 4

• Just tell him you want to remain friends but you don't think you are ready for a relationship yet.
    And just to be clear - the friend of his who is so damn sexy? Yeah he's off the table. If you want to remain friends with this guy there is no way you can pursue his damn sexy friend. That won't happen

• Depends on his personality. You know what to do best to avoid hurting him, As it's your life and you know him better than us. I recommend you try if possible to go gently with it, But try getting your point across, Do not make him misunderstand your intents.

• You can't.

well shit 😥

Yeah I get your point.. But it's such a shamee 😥

C'est la vie !

• you want to turn him down, because he's childish, but remain friends with him, because he's childish. does that make any sense to you at all?

I want to be friends with him because he is a fun person to be around. But since he started to show interest in me he changed the way he talks to me and he is acting like a child... He wants my attention 24/7 and to compliment him all the time. Otherwise he becomes a bit sad..

you don't like him because he's being childish in that he wants your attention all the time BUT, you want to remain friends with him? won't he just continue to want your attention all the time? i mean, you either need to tell him why you're rejecting him, or just tell him you can't be friends anymore

Yeah I see you point.. I just hope that he won't act that way because when we were friends he didn't act like that. Also when I tell him how I feel I will let him know why I don't like him and if we manage to stay friends and he still does the same things I will just stop hanging out with him.

What Girls Said 1

• From reading the below comments he does sound childish. I agree with the others, tell him you are not ready for a relationship and really value him in your life and want to remain friends. If you remain friends and he still acts childish you cut him loose. He may not want to be friends and sadly you need to accept that.

Also yeah , damn sexy friend is defo off the table!