Love two guys at the same time?

So my girlfriend was in love with some guy before I met her but they weren't talking cos the guy didn't feel the same way. So she began to like and we started dating and she is in love with me. The first guy came back into the picture now she says she is not completely over him but she wants to be with me. I don't want to be an option and I don't understand how a girl can love two guys at the same time. Can you girls explain?

What Girls Said 2

• How long before she stopped talking to he other guy to the time she started talking to you? It's happened to me before but it's because I wasn't completely over the first guy I was talking to. But the situation was completely different from yours. However, she still has soul ties to this guy. It seems as though she wasn't over him and you just happened to come in at the wrong time and possibly be the rebound guy. It's easy to forget about someone when you're with someone else and the other person isn't around. But as soon as they are back in the picture, the feelings come rushing back. Typically means they weren't ready to let go. If she was completely unbothered by his return, then there's nothing to worry about.

Your situation, I would scale things back so she can figure out what she wants. If she comes back to you, then proceed, cautiously. If not, she doesn't deserve you. You deserve to be the the ONLY one... not #1.

• I couldn't be in love with two guys at the same time

She never stopped caring about the other guy. There's obviously always been a place in her heart reserved just for him. That would be a deal breaker for me. I'd never give someone my heart when there's still belonged to someone else

What Guys Said 0