Should I tell him I hooked up with someone else?

I have been seeing the same guy causally for a long time now, he's not my boyfriend but he's more than a fuck-buddy. We're never going to end up dating because it's just not how we are but thats not the point.. this weekend I had ended up hooking up (making out only) with another guy, and I don't know if I should tell the guy I see about this because I know he's going to find out through mutual friends.. should I tell him before he finds out to be polite?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though you're not officially in a relationship, you probably have some feelings for each other. I think you should tell him because he'd deserve to know despite the fact that you talked about commitment. It may bite you in the ass later if you don't tell him. Who knows, maybe you'll be official one day.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say anything at this point. For one he's not your boyfriend so it's not like you're obligated to be only with him. All you did so far with this other guy was make out. You don't know where this is going to go if anywhere at this point. Why spoil a good fuck and have things crash and burn with the new guy? Besides who says until you commit to one you can't have both?

What Guys Said 11

• Yes if he is going to find out

• Tell him and let him go. It'll be better for both of you.

• No title = None of his business

If I'm understanding this correctly you're technically single. So there is no need to answer to anyone. Only boyfriendsand above got the right to comment on what you do in your free time.

• Yes, but expect him to leave you. I would be long gone.

• Better he find out from you than someone else.

• There's no reason to

• hun your better off
    getting away from him

• What a whore!

• I wouldn't tell him.

I found out a girl I was seeing was hooking up with someone else while hooking up with her.

• Don't tell him.

• so, you're basically being a slut?

What Girls Said 8

• I think you should tell him. Technically because you aren't officially dating, I don't think it's an obligation but going by morality, you should let him know; it should be more in the style of "Just letting you know" than a confession though (again, since you aren't official).

• If you are just casual, not commitment, no dating, just you messing around with guys, why telling the other person, unless you are vying for more attention?

• None of his business. if he's not your boyfriend it doesn't matter what he thinks. he'll find out anyway, but again, he isn't your boyfriend so it doesn't matter what the thinks.

• No - you're not exclusive and don't have any plans to be. Don't you think he hooks up with other women?

• Your terminology (fuck buddy, casually, dating, boyfriend, hooked up, making out) has confused me so much I have no idea what you are asking

• Yeah if you're for sure he's gonna find out then tell him

• Yeah I agree with the others. If he is not your boyfriend who cares.

• The right thing would be to tell him. I'm sure you would want him to do the same...