A sticky situation?

Alrighty. My boyfriend and I were together almost a year. We were very serious about the relationship, both saying we wanted to get married to each other. But we ended it because we are both very opinionated and stubborn. We would hold stuff in and then explode, and at the end of one of our fights we broke up.
I'm still totally in love with him. Its been 4 months. He was with another girl 4 weeks after we broke up. I don't know if they are still together or not.
I had texted him a week after I broke up with him, and asked if we could get back together and he said it was probably a bad idea because we would end up in the same situation. Then drunkenly I texted him 2 months after we broke up and told him i missed him, he replied with "yeah it can be hard." we haven't talked since.
But before we broke up I got these tickets for us to a show I knew he would enjoy. I have them still with no one to go with. I really want to go with him, but I don't know if I should. Advice?

What Guys Said 2

• Just give up at this point. His response to you telling him you missed him should be the real key that he is over it. You left a pretty big window for him to let you know if he thought anything more of you. Find a new guy to take to the show, or one of your girlfriends and meet a new guy there.

• No you shouldn't. It's over permanently and completely so get over it and him and get on with your life

What Girls Said 1

• Just try to get over him because you will find someone better, try taking one of your other friends and you will have so much fun you won't even think about him :)