Should I stop talking to my crush after she rejected my date proposal?

• Yes
  • No, stay as friends
2mo I would appreciate if you give an opinion based on life experience

Most Helpful Girl

• If you stop talking to her all together it only makes you seem petty and she'll then have a greater reason for rejecting you. If you take the high road and remain friends, you'll appear more confident and unphased. She may even reconsider her first response.

Most Helpful Guy

• I respect @SarahsSummer but disagree with her opinion. The possibility that she will reconsider her decision to reject you is a very small possibility. The question is whether you should try to remain as a friend knowing that she will never want you in the way that you want her. Are you prepared to talk with her about other guys who she is dating, perhaps even hear her talking about having sex with other guys? Isn't that just torturing yourself? I think you should tell her that you are not angry with her but your disappointment and frustration are too great to remain as her friend and you hope that she understands. You can break the contact with her without being perceived as petty or immature.

Thank you for the respect and ditto. But let me clarify my advice. I didn't mean to overemphasize the ever so slight possibility she'd change her mind but rather that the possibility is even slighter should you begin ignoring her. I also didn't get the impression the two are best friends who would be share dating stories. I instead got the impression this person was a crush and nothing more. I actually didn't suggest maintaining any level of friendship but merely the common courtesy of not ignoring someone. Had the asker asked if he should remain friends with the girl who rejected him, my advice would be different.

@SarahsSummer That clarification makes good sense.

What Girls Said 11

• Sometimes girls don't know what they want, so if she's giving you a lot of excuses and not a straight answer, she may be more interested you down the road. Give it some time in this scenario. Girls want a guy who wants them more than anything else.

If she says she isn't attracted to you and never will, then she probably won't.

• I sort of dated a friend for almost a year (she was bi-curious) and then she lost interest and I felt used and humiliated. We were good friends beforehand but after that I couldn't talk to her anymore.
    On the other hand, recently my long-term crush, who I befriended a year ago, made it pretty clear that we're just friends and while I'm not exactly happy, it's not painful or sad to talk to him at all, so there's no reason for me to cut ties with him.
    You should find out if it's painful for you to talk to her or if you're fine just being friends and then decide.

• No.
    Honestly, 2 months ago a guy asked me out on a date and I wanted to go so baaaaad but I couldn't... So I rejected him although I liked him a lot.
    So just wait and make sure she rejected the date because she isn't intersted and not because she simply couldn't go.

Okay :)

Now it's your turn to follow me haha @ElissaDido, it says you only receive message from followings, i'm not sure what that means, i think you have to message me first

• I would say yes... however judging on her excuse and what u know about her would really determine my final thoughts

• Yes, stop talking to her. But let her know first that you need to move on.

• No - stay friends. She just might change her mind. Unless that is too hard for you because you can't move on.

• Don't alienate her. If you want a chance in the future it's best not to burn that bridge

• Yes, just move on and find someone different

• Be polite, but don't go out of your way to talk to her.

• by the way, why she rejected your proposal? She seems uninterested? Or other reason?
    in my opinion, you should stay, beside who knows she'll be reconsider your proposal.

She said gave me plenty of reasons, but i don't know if she is lying or not.

1) Her family is muslim, she is not, but her family wants her to date a muslim guy, she doesn't care if the guy is, or isn't.

2) She has a crush on another guy

3) She is not ready yet

I don't know, it seems more like excuses...

That's plenty of reasons seems like excuses for me too...
      Nah, she has crush to another guy.
      Well, in my opinion, if you still like her stay, if not move on.

• deal with it. one time, what is she thinking to turn down a date with you.
    stop crying and ask her again later.

I'm not crying, im trying to convince myself to give her a chance as a friend, because I don't mind stop talking to her, because she likes as a friend, so I'm trying to be considerate, but should I just avoid her as a plague?

"stop crying" Are you serious?

she is your friend
      you will give her a chance
      of a date with you?
      your considerate of what?
      this is what it sounds like to your friend -
      do you what to on a date,
      no
      I will not talk to you again.
      I will avoid you as a plague.

What Guys Said 11

• How bad of rejection are we talking about here? Did she say she was busy that day or told you she doesn't like you?

If there's a reason to keep trying then yeah, keep trying it might just be a test. If she flat out told you its never going to happen I personally wouldn't talk to her anymore.

She didn't reject me, she just said the likes someone else already, and she is sorry

I have more options, so she isn't the last one I'm gonna ask out, but i don't know, I think I will just stop talking to her

Thats basically what I do. She is not reciprocating whether there is another guy in the picture or not.

• You can either:

Accept the platonic friendship and delete all romantic ideas and stay her friend.

If your romantic feelings are too strong to resist, walk away.

• Was it she rejecting you or saying she couldn't go? There's definitely a difference. Also, if you actually liked her, and would stop talking to her completely after saying no, your chances wouldn't've probably lasted anyways 😒

• I had a girl reject me in high school to go back to her old boyfriend. I said
    something like, "Fuck you very much you hog faced cunt ! Have a nice life",
    Six months later her boyfriend committed armed robbery. Knocked over a
    7-11 and the clerk was a Marine just back from Vietnam. He pulled out a
    pistol and shot and killed said boyfriend and the girl who rejected me as she
    had gun as well. He wasn't charged. Karma can be so sweeettt !!!

• It's only a crush and it's not like you're in love with her or anything. I'd stay as friends and continue living my life and not be bothered too much about this rejection.

• Based on what I've experienced, you risk messing everything up if you stay friends. Walk away with dignity and mutual respect.

• I would try to ask her again. Maybe wait a week or two or maybe try to invite her to a group get together.

• life experience says no, but do what you feel is best

• It really depends on how she rejected you and if you were friends before.

• Depends on you and how you feel about the situation

• Totally up to you.