Is it healthy to have a crush on a girl for 4 years (and counting)?

So, it was the 6th grade. There was this girl who treated me very nicely and guess what? I developed a crush. Now I'm in 10th grade and I still have a crush on her, but fortunately I have no classes with her. I have been trying really hard to get over her but I can't, no matter how hard I try. When I walk home with my friends they bring her up and I keep telling them not to bring her up or mention her name but they still do that. I feel it's slowly eating away at me and I feel like I'm about to explode if I don't do something soon.

Is it healthy to have a crush for 4 years (and counting)?

• Yes
  • No
2mo If you can, offer some advice please. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, seems like it's more than just a crush. But what's the problem? She doesn't like you or what?

It's more my fault. I guess nervousness. Though I think she began to notice because now she takes glances at me when I'm not staring. And then she avoids eye contact when I'm near her, so I'm confused.

Haha sounds like she likes you too

Don't avoid her if you care about her! Maybe she likes you too, you can't tell if you don't try. By the way I used to be in similar situation, I had a crush on someone for many years, actually I still feel same about this person, it's almost 6 years... I always used to listen to this song... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1-eYBbspA the lyrics relate me

What Girls Said 1

• Ask her out! Life is too short. You have nothing to lose. If she doesn't feel the same way about you, at least you'll have closure.

What Guys Said 2

• You need to tell her how you feel and get this over with

• It's all about finding an activity to get your mind off her. Sports, video games, volunteering, getting a part time job, finding a good book to read, drugs. I just thought of that in 5 seconds to get my mind off girls.