Why do men never pay for me?

Men never pay for me on dates usually i end up paying for myself or even for them sometimes.
With my best friend however that doesn't seem to be the case. They always pay for her. Wtf? Why does this happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• u rich?

They somehow seem to think that. Yea. Because i dress expensive

then you have your answer

Most Helpful Girl

• Anon, why does it matter who pays? It's just the luck of the draw I guess if your friend gets paid for more, but I don't think many men would want to pay for a woman who's expecting it. Do you expect it?

On the contrary i always grab the bill when it arrives

Okay, fair enough. I guess it really is just the luck of the draw then.

What Guys Said 18

• The guy needs to pay for dates in my opinion.

However, there is a lot of pressure that makes a guy feel sexist it they do and lots of girls offer.

Do you offer to pay or do the guys come out and ask you to? Also, who is asking for the date? If the guy asks you out, he should be prepared to pay. If not you are meeting the wrong guys.

• Because it's the current year and they are experiencing equality.

• You just entered... the Xander zone!!! Uh, I mean the friend zone!

They obviously don't like you enough as a date to justify paying for you. Are you good looking? An attractive wrapper is just that.. an attractive wrapper. Maybe work on bringing out your unique character on dates rather than worrying about if he's going to pay for you or not. If he sees you're a decent person with a vibrant personality, he'll have no issue paying and will want to go on a 2nd date with you.

• Could be any number of reasons. From the simple to the complex. Could just be the men you're dating.

A few possibilities

- You're friend seems more likely to sleep with them
    - She never offers to pay
    - Going to more expensive places (half of £10 is easier to do then £50)

This really could be anything.

• Cause chivalry isn't something that guys do like its a chore. Its gotta have the aura or atmosphere that both sides enjoyed the date. And the guy will feel then as though they are obligated to pay for both parties and the enjoyment of the other half.

• You're meeting these men on tinder, expecting them to pay, but also have no intention of having sex?

You're like a whore and a scam artist all rolled into one!

• Maybe you've just been unlucky with the men you have been with. How many is that? Just cause if it's like 3, then yea, maybe you could've just gotten 3 cheap asses, but if it's like 10, then... I dunno maybe you ugg lol

No but the moment they notice that im not willing to sleep with them then boom... the end

Then yea, it's just guys that are interested in sex most likely.

Tinder.. well yeah duh haha

• The way I see it, if a guy pays for you, it's a sign he wants a 2nd date or he wants to sleep with you.

• I usually pay for the first or second date specially if I'm the one asking, but as we go on more dates, I'd usually split

• It's the type of guy she picks

• You friend looks much better

• If I didn't like a girl I would try to put her off on the first date.

• Your friend might be asking out nicer guys.

• try a Latino, its a rule that he must pay no matter what.

• Do you ask them out? 'Cause the rule is you ask, you pay.

That isn't to say you shouldn't be the one to ask because you TOTALLY SHOULD but just don't expect them to pay just because they're men!

• Because they are modern, and not stuck in the past.

• Is your friend better looking the you?

• Feminism = women work and earn money. No sane guy is going to just pay. Those patriarchal days are long gone. Wake up girls. Gone are the days we treat you girls like princesses.

I agree. it's one thing for a guy to be a gentleman but it's another thing for them to be expected to use their money on us. Girls shouldn't expect guys to pay for everything. Money shouldn't be treated that lightly. It's not as simple as holding the door open.

What Girls Said 6

• Times have changed, a lot of men are under the assumption that ALL females are gold-diggers.
    Pay your own share of the bill, and don't foot the bill for someone you hardly know. I'd only pay the fulll bill if we we were in a committed relationship, and the relationship was 50/50 . If not , he pays his share and I pay for mine.

• Probably the guys you go for. I always insist on paying the first date and they never let me.

• Maybe they aren't dates?

• Do you ever have a second date after he makes you pay?

• I feel you!

• Maybe she seems unwilling to split like a decent person, so they pay so as not to cause a scene. If she's "always" going on dates, her method isn't working either if she's looking for a boyfriend.