When is it time to commit?

I have been seeing a guy for almost two months now. We do stuff that couples does, I'd describe us as girlfriend and boyfriend except that we haven't committed to each other. Family and friends knows that we are together so I guess it's exclusive in a way. We haven't talked anything about what we are. At first I just wanted to go with the flow and see what happens but now that I really like him I want to commit. I don't know why he hasn't brought it up and I'm scared that what if he doesn't commit to me? If he won't then I obviously want to get out but how long is it suppose to take? How do you do it and how do you know?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like to play games and/ or second guess people. I commit right away. If it works it better, if it doesn't you know sooner and haven't wasted your time.

Bottom line though, you commit when neither of you want to be with anyone else and don't want to see the other with anyone else either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Given that you've been seeing each other for several months exclusively, it sounds like you two are already committed.

I've never had a "commitment talk".

What Guys Said 4

• Well there's not really rules about it some become gf/bf the very first day, some after few month and for some they don't talk about it but know they have become gf/bf. If you really want it then just talk to him about it. (possible answers would be:"really i thought we were already in a relation", "yeah totally let's do it" and the worst "nah i don't want to i like you like a friend")

• I'd just ask. It sounds like you're already there and are over thinking it. Maybe you didn't notice it was this serious.

When asking be ready for the guy to freak out a little. Even if he doesn't show it. Nervous about a relationship is a good thing. It means it matters to you.

True but he has not yet called me his girlfriend. He called me his girl once, he was drunk though.

• When you both love eachother and both decide that's what each of you want.

• just talk to him. if your already seem like girlfriend boyfriend just talk to dude

What Girls Said 2

• When you meet someone you want to spend your life with.

• Just talk to him about it and see what he says.