How do you know if you're happy or not in a relationship?

Right now I'm feeling emotionally drained. My boyfriend isn't the happiest person in the world and I knew this from day one. However it's finally taken its toll. I know not everyone can be happy all the time but it would be nice if he cracked a smile once in a while. If he isn't moaning about drivers on the road then it's something else.

Totally I just gave up talking, I even joked and asked if he could crack a smile or something and he didn't. I kept asking if he was OK because he looked so miserable. I was close to asking if I could stay over but given the mood I didn't even bother to ask. I just sat in the car in silence as he moaned about people and their bad driving techniques.

The Other day I asked if he was happy and he said he was happy with the relationship... so I don't get it. I understand he is still having to deal with his injury after his accident and I symphasise with him in regards to that. I wish I could help him in some way. Other than that I don't know what to do anymore. I have to look out for myself and my happiness, I can't be putting my all into trying to make him happy 24/7. Its not even like I'm comparing him to other guys or hoping he will change. I just want him to be happy...

What do I do?

2mo Bump

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like depression. Encourage him to seek treatment on the condition if things don't change you're gone. But you better be prepared to follow through with your threat

What Guys Said 1

• hun listen to me
    NO ONE HELPS MEN
    OR CARES FOR THEM

women will always be helped and cared for
    in some form or way cause you women have a vagina

so you will never understand what he is feeling

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds a little depressed and bitter at the world. Has he ever expressed anger towards you?