How do you know if you're happy or not in a relationship?

Right now I'm feeling emotionally drained. My boyfriend isn't the happiest person in the world and I knew this from day one. However it's finally taken its toll. I know not everyone can be happy all the time but it would be nice if he cracked a smile once in a while. If he isn't moaning about drivers on the road then it's something else.

Totally I just gave up talking, I even joked and asked if he could crack a smile or something and he didn't. I kept asking if he was OK because he looked so miserable. I was close to asking if I could stay over but given the mood I didn't even bother to ask. I just sat in the car in silence as he moaned about people and their bad driving techniques.

The Other day I asked if he was happy and he said he was happy with the relationship... so I don't get it. I understand he is still having to deal with his injury after his accident and I symphasise with him in regards to that. I wish I could help him in some way. Other than that I don't know what to do anymore. I have to look out for myself and my happiness, I can't be putting my all into trying to make him happy 24/7. Its not even like I'm comparing him to other guys or hoping he will change. I just want him to be happy...

What do I do?

Updates:
2mo Bump

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like depression. Encourage him to seek treatment on the condition if things don't change you're gone. But you better be prepared to follow through with your threat

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• hun listen to me
    NO ONE HELPS MEN
    OR CARES FOR THEM

women will always be helped and cared for
    in some form or way cause you women have a vagina

so you will never understand what he is feeling

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds a little depressed and bitter at the world. Has he ever expressed anger towards you?

0|0
    0|0