Guy getting a pedicure-normal or not? and what to ask for?

I was thinking about getting a pedicure for the first time at one of those Asian pedicures. I mean just to have the surface of my nails cleaned and have me foot massaged. obviously not get polished. what do they charge and how much do I tip. I mean I never see guys getting this and don't wanna seem weird but if I went in what would I ask for ...just say give me a pedicure. if I am not getting polish what would they do to my feet. I just thought it would be a nice way to treat myself. so whatta ya think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with a guy getting a pedicure. I know it's *expected* of girls, for the most part. But a lot of girls I know -- and I'm one of them -- really get weirded out by feet and grossed out by feet that aren't taken care of. At the salon I go to, guys go all the time -- one of my best friends is a hair stylist there, and her dad and brother both do. Plus, it's not like it's something that you know how to do for yourself, you know? It feels really good, and obviously, they won't polish. It's especially nice since we're coming up on summer - sandal season. The guy I've been seeing on and off for a long time would never get one done, which to each is own, I guess. I just have wished several times that I didn't have to feel his rough dry feet under the covers!

My pedicures are usually between $30-40 dollars, depending on what I have done. You won't be having polish, so that might take down the cost. And the tip is kind of up to you -- and I also tend to base it on how much work the pedicurist has to do! If it's been awhile and it's a longer job, I'll tip her $7-10 depending on how much it cost, otherwise, about $5-7. (But at my salon, I know that a good percentage of the price that I pay goes towards their "rent" to have a space in the salon, so the tip is the only thing I know she gets to keep.)

What Girls Said 6

• Guys who have well groomed feet are totally hot! My advice would be to go to an actual spa - some of the nail salons don't do pedicures correctly and your feet could suffer in the long run. I don't know where you're from but here in Ontario a regular pedicure runs for about 35$. Tipping is up you but normal is about another five.

• i think its normal and fine, if you need it, you need it. Its not a girly thing at all. I know guys who to go to my stylist and get their eyebrows shaped and chest waxed...u gotta do what you gotta do...do whatever makes you happy and makes you feel sexy and confident!

• Thanks for the advice do you know how to dowload youtube videos to itunes......just wondering I'm stuck

• You are def. NOT weird and it is actually sexy for a guy who like to keep his nails clean. It's disgusting when you see a guy with LONG or DIRTY fingernails. It depends where you are from based on price--but maybe like $15-$30 and usually you tip like $5. Good Luck!

• It's normal. I've been in salons and I've seen guys come in and get them. It's not super common but it's a growing trend. I even got my dad to get one lol once you get pedicures you will love them

• That is totally hot .. you can get a basic mani / pedi .. basically they will soak your feet , cut your cuticles.cut your toe nails, and put some callus remover on your heels ( I'm in los angeles and they charge extra for that about $5 ).. then your all done .. where I go a lot of males get the mani / pedi .. some choose to get clear nail polish .. others choose not to get any polish .. its up to you ...

• A guy with clean feet and finger nails are a turn on. It lets women know that they take care of themselves.

What Guys Said 1

• Bro who gives a sh*t if it's "normal" or not if you wanna do it go do it. I wish there was a place near where I lived :P