What should I buy him from the grocery store?

So the guy I like recently lost his job
i am going to his house tomorrow and i wanna do him something good and buy him food from the grocery store
what should i get him?
he is 32 by the way and please only real answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• Movie watching?
    Grocery store not as good as take out/delivery but OK...
    > Unusual beer, enough for leftovers to help him finish them off another day, some type that is controversial or too new to know about
    > Frozen pizzas can be really good, some rather exotic and prolific in some larger stores
    > Ice cream w/canned whipped cream
    > Popcorn (Orville R) + real butter + shredded cheese for topping
    > Massage oils

He took the food then we watched a movie (kinda) the he started watching some dutch televisiion and basically waited until I left

It's the (kinda) part not yet detailed in this report that seems to have derailed the train, switched tracks... could be "food phase is over" contributing but to much lesser degree. This passive-aggressive method is very familiar to me and suggests a subsurface lava flow of distain for you. Can you guess if
      1. you DID anything to trigger this, even long ago?
      2. he's "got it out" for the world and you somehow? Blame? Discontent?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a Heart of Gold, @blairxoxo, and as Wise as I am, Buy things for Him that you Feel is a good Deal. And good too if you Know any of His favorites.
    Another Smart reply, and I do believe it Makes sense, If someone is Down on His or Her luck, anything will Do when it Comes from the Heart right from the Start.
    "Beggars Cannot be Choosers," which has always Been my own Motto, and by Bringing him food, is Certainly a great Way to a Man's Heart.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• you know him better than us. buy him stuff you know he eats

• Don't worry about what you buy but if you like the guy I'd suggest bringing food over and cooking it for him when you're there. That be huge brownie points and definitely help your cause.

I can't cook for shit hahahhaha

Well we planned on watching a movie

Surprise him with food and be like I'll cook then we'll watch a movie. Free food is the best food. As a poor college student I can attest to it haha.

• Get Chinese Take out. It's like soulfood for coping.

• Buy a pencil and paper
    And cookie dough

Write on the paper get a job
    And stuff it in the cookie after you bake it

• Canned goods
    Things that don't spoil

• Condoms

What Girls Said 3

• Not your fault he lost his job and it's not your duty to buy his grocery.

If you really want to buy him something get something you can both enjoy on the night together.

• Standard things. Get the necessities plus what you know he likes.

• Maybe buy yourself some clothes first?