What does it mean when you ask a girl out and she invites friends to go with you?

I was facebooking this girl on Saturday and I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies with me (exact words: "Hey Melanie, I really want to go see that new movie Sully, do you want to go with me?". She responded and said "Sure, do you mind if some friends come along?". I wasn't sure what to say, so I said "sure". But it was implied that I wanted to go just the two of us right?

We ended up going out to the movies with 4 other people and getting some food afterwards, and it was the strangest thing ever. I talked to her most of the time, and sat next to her in the movie, but why did she invite friends to go to the movies with us?

These friends were mutual friends that she is more friendly with than I am. So its not like it was her and me and a bunch of strangers, I knew them fairly well. It was still so weird though, why did she invite friends to go with us? Its been bothering me since then and I can't figure out why. I saw her in school today and we ate lunch alone like normal, but when I asked her to go to the movies alone she invited friends, whats the deal with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooh that's not good. Either she's afraid of one on ones or she placed you firmly in the group of friends zone. but look at it this way if another guy asks her out she may invite you along with the rest of the gang again.

Most Helpful Guy

• u gotten friend zoned bro

What Girls Said 2

• From your description, she saw it as a "friend" thing and not a "romantic" gesture. The movies isn't the best place for a date. Pick a place that's more one on one where you can talk to each other.

• They're plotting your demise. You will hide under a bed in Paris, and be directed by Liam Neeson in a convoluted journey of him saving you from becoming an international whore.

What Guys Said 0