The kind of girl that guys fall in love with?

I don't think I've ever really been the kind of girl that people fall in love with. Either I'm the weird one or the awkward one or the annoying one or just really below average looks- whatever it is I don't think I've ever really been an option for most guys.
I know I can't make myself prettier-although I still haven't come to terms with this- so I figured I'd focus on what I can control (my personality). What makes people's personalities enchanting or attractive to a guy? And don't pull that "confidence is so hot" stuff for your answers because I've been told that 1000 times and really can't do much about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Be positive, happy, and fun to be around (as opposed to sad, depressed, angry, bitter, etc.). Nearly everyone WANTS to be around the happy, fun people, but no one wants to be around depressed folks.

2. Be good at something, and have a passion for it. What "it" is doesn't really matter a ton, but you want something that sets you apart from the average person.

3. Have some things to bring to the table in a relationship (beyond sex - though that's important). That could be money (a good job to support yourself), domestic stuff (being able to cook), organizational skills (maybe you're good at paying the bills or keeping your social calendars full), or something. You will rely on him for some things, so carry a bit of his weight on others. Guys appreciate a girl who tries to find a balance.

4. Be supportive of the guys you are around. If you can help them out or give them advice or something once in a while, they'll appreciate it and they'll have good things to say about you.

5. Hang out with guys and learn how they are and what they like and want. Make sure you turn off your "I'm offended by that" reaction - don't try to change them, but instead, try to APPRECIATE them being the way they are. A big turn-off for most guys is a girl who wants to change him, and doing this will help you accept guys for who they really are - and THAT is something guys find attractive.

6. Don't be afraid to talk, and BE HONEST. Learn to be MUCH more direct - don't try to "hint" about an issue or expect that "he should KNOW what I want!" because he's not a mind-reader - yet so many girls expect guys to do that. Remember: guys tend to have FAR lower social skills than girls, so don't assume he knows what you want or expect - TELL HIM. And if you want something, ASK HIM. Use your words. Be polite, but be DIRECT.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most men want a positive person who is pretty, kind, adores them and never nags.

What Guys Said 5

• The kind of girl who's willing to show her love for them. If you can treat a guy like a fellow human being, and to understand that he has basic human needs, desires, emotions and insecurities just like girls do, then you're already going to be closer to being the kind of girl that guys can fall in love with than 90% of the other girls out there. If you care about a guy, even if it's just as a fellow human being, merely knowing you're someone who cares about him is enchanting, alluring and intoxicating for a guy. We want to be loved, and to be cared about, far more desperately than you do, because as a general rule, no-one ever does care about us.
    You still won't be an option for most guys, because most guys your age aren't looking for love- they're looking for lust, and if you actually do have sub-par looks (though I'd like to judge that for myself), then nothing else'll help with making you sexier in their eyes besides effectively compensating for your lack of looks by being sluttier than the competition. But you don't want to go down that route- you're looking someone to fall in love with you, and presumably to fall in love with yourself as well. And by being a kinder, more caring and sensitive person, you WILL be more lovable.

• You know that confidence is hot - which is 1000% true - but don't want to hear it. So what do you want to hear? Rainbows? Unicorns? Fluffy white clouds?
    Not hear to blow smoke your way. Men find confident women sexy. You can be confident the only one stopping you is YOU, but you seem to have major low self esteem. Again YOU can get past that with work but you seem to have resigned yourself that you'll always be like this and refuse to work on it. Not much I can tell you other than what you've heard and don't want to hear again

Its not that I don't wanna hear it, its just that I've heard it so many times that I'd like some different answers. Ik I need to be more confident , but what else?

What do you mean what else? If you are confident and believe in yourself that will be HUGE. That's like 90% of what you need. Confidence in who you are and not caring about others opinions trumps anything else.

• guys love sweet attractive girls who approach him, and actually want him. not girls who think guys have to do everything and approach her.

• I always fall for the weird/awkward ones. Be yourself.

• Despite you not wanting to hear it, I know a chick at church who isn't pretty but she's VERY classy and is kinda curvy with a tiny bit of weight (attractive to me) and her personality makes me want to screw her even more lol.
    You can work on your body...

What Girls Said 0