What's your idea of romantic?

What do you consider to be romantic? Is it flowers, chocolates, sweet nothings? Or is it something a little (or a lot) more unconventional? If it's the second type would especially love to hear.

Most Helpful Girl

• The best was when I was sun bathing on a dock and felt some wet drops on me, I looked up and saw my first love holding a lily from a lily pad that he picked for me. The second was when my true love and I were out to dinner and when I came back from the restroom I was surprised to find he hid a gold locket under my napkin. So I guess I find surprises romantic. I also loved the uniqueness of the lily.

What Guys Said 2

• Flowers and chocolates are nice compliments, but they are hardly romantic
    Romance is all about going the extra distance and putting yourself aside, to please the one you love

In 12th grade, I sang "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias for my HS sweetheart, I can't sing, and it was in front of like 100 students, that is the day, I really won her heart.

I also used to leave her notes in her mailbox, underneath her windscreen wiper, and in her locker. Everyday.

More recently, I took a girl on picnic date, where i brought her a bottle of chianti, and some dark chocolate. We had a blast, but I didn't end up liking her much.

That's cute. More like the typical expressions I had in mind, though I agree with the second statement. I was just wondering the range of expression. Because I don't consider myself a romantic person... or at least my idea of romantic is far out of left field.

Romance comes in so many different shapes and sizes

For some people just saying "I love you" and a card is romantic because they don't generally express those feelings at all

• Flowers for sure, a little old fashioned but it's very romantic either way. Surprises every so often, like making dinner for her when she doesn't know. Just doing special and little things all the time I think goes a long way.

What Girls Said 2

• Just consideration and respect. And possibly love of cats and cheesecake XD

I really do think the best sorts of relationships are when the other person truly cares about you as an individual person and you can do the same for them.

• No matter how down I am and want to be left alone, you let me know that you're there for me