Is it right to date a 36-year-old when you're 19?

This guy he's 36 years old and a single dad to a 3 year old son... in pa it's iegal to date, I was just wondering if it's right to do knowing the age difference?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that everyone is going to judge you no matter what you do so you need to make the decision your own, and make it for the right reasons,(ie: you truly care for the man AND his child, you are compatible in more ways than just sex, etc, etc...).
    That being said... There are tremendous differences between that age, although if you were a younger man dating an older woman, I would say a NO to a relationship..(only because men mature more slowly at your age... but not always..). Nothing wrong with a little fun.. lol, but if it's a relationship you seek, just consider this.
    I am 54 years old, I have dated many men, from many walks of life. Many countries AND many different ages. I really hate to say this, but most compatible relationships will be with someone who "gets" not only you.. but the things you stand for, your clichés, so to speak.
    My other half speaks my language! He knows all my silly sayings from movies wayyyyy back when. Someone much younger than me can't possibly get that. Or my music from high school? His deep love and appreciation for the Beatles.. I could go on and on.
    No its not wrong to date, but do you want to invest time with someone, especially someone with a small child that may become attached to you? When you may find you may have very little in common but the initial attraction?
    Just think seriously before you do, is all I can say.
    Best of luck to you, I wish you happiness!
    Dj

What Guys Said 16

• Nothing wrong with it per se - My only concern with age gap relationships is that most likely you are both at very different stages of your life.

• it's not wrong in my opinion but i question how much two people so far apart in age but more importantly so apart in maturity and life experience have in common

• Right or wrong, not for me to judge. I just know for me it would be weird as I don't want to use the below 3:

1. DWR dude. As in Danger Will Robinson, her dad will kill you when he finds out your age and knowing hers.

2. I was driving when you were born.

3. You have my age, good, now add a decade.

• There is a 21 year age gap between me and my girlfriend. However, she is very mature emotionally and intellectually, and we share the same viewpoints on most issues. I know it sounds clichè, but age really is just a number. We have been together for more than two years and I can't imagine ever wanting to be with anyone else but her.

• whatever makes you happy. You are old enough to decide yourself if he's the right one and type of guy you want

• The fact that you felt the need to ask this question, perhaps suggests that you are not mature enough to do so.

• i dont know what pa is. and both of them are are adults so i dont see a problem.

• For sex and fun maybe but only in a short term relationship but make sure that once you leave him he'll be out of your life for good because he might want something more.

• Most mature girls just date and not give a fuck about people's opinions

• If your happy that's all that's and it's legal 👍👍

• ya it is ok

• yeah girls date older guys all the time, I don't see what the issue is

• I can't say it is wrognt but i dont prefer it.

• its all about sex lol

• That's a 17 year difference, almost 20 years. It's a very large generation gap. But if that's really who you want to be with and if you are sure that this relationship will make you happy then stay in it. If you ask about it here then that means you have doubts and uncertainties about your relationship. Give it time, such as 2 years or 3 years. If you have no uncertainties and doubts this is the person you want to be with at that point, then stay.

Otherwise, maybe you will change your mind by then and date somebody else that is either closer to your age or doesn't have any big age gaps.

• id think she has a daddy issue, but, yeah, its ok

What Girls Said 12

• Just moved here a year ago. All I can say that experiences are afar too different, he is definitely older enough to be your dad or uncle. He is over 20 years apart than you, already he has a 3 year old. Its not preferred but I can't say it will work either. But your over 18, it is your choice. Don't know what your parents/legal guardians think, and his family, or what his true intentions are with you for this relationship as well as yours. But I would say that I wouldn't get my hopes up. Your way too young for him, your what my grandma would call 'a baby compared to him'. And its mainly due to age, not mentality. He is far more experienced with life than you. If your not prepared for this kind of relationship AND with a child, I warn you now, it will not be pretty. But if this is what you really want, then do what you please. But remember that your choices will effect his kid at some point down the road. But if this doesn't work out, it may not be attractive to other guys.

• It's horribly wrong. You're a kid and he's a middle-aged man. Ewww. And he even has a kid. Can't you find somebody your own age, young people? Anything 30 and up is old.

• I personally wouldn't, as the maturity levels would be way off, and they're both at such different stages in their lives (the 19-year-old is just beginning her life and the 36-year-old is ready to settle down) that it would be difficult. He is also nearly old enough to be her dad, which I find to be a little odd.

• It's legal, but considered taboo by some people. His son is technically young enough to be your little brother.

If you are willing to let people have their own opinions, there's really nothing wrong with it.

I'm really into older men myself.

• It's not illegal, but I don't think it would be the smart move, since you are in places in life that cannot be more different. He's all settled in, and life is just starting for inexperienced you

• pretty sure its "legal" in every US state to date whoever the fuck you want as long as you're both 18.

• It's probably not smart in the long run.

• I've been with a guy in his 30s nothing bad happened. But I can see how it would be hard to have a relationship.

• Age is just a number

• I dont see anything wrong. as long as they love each other

• You should be able to date who ever u want to

• I'm 20 and personally wouldn't want to be with someone that old.