Do guys really let a woman go if they really like her?

I have seen so many girls ask questions here about guys who say they have work stress, anxiety, depression, general life or family problems and thus they can't be in a relationship at that time. And it's also happened to me in the past.

But would you really let a good girl get away if you really liked her? Surely you must realise that while you're trying to figure things out she's likely to move on and find someone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I look at it like this... because I've had a situation like this before. I let a girl go that I really cared about. Reason for this, is because I cared so much about her, I believed that she deserved better than me. She had so much to offer. She was career driven, ambitious, a fun personality, and talented in so many things.

I was sort of the same, but lazy/ depressed and just not secure in my social status, my financial status, and health.

So I let her go to focus on these things, because I was insecure I suppose. But I had the intention of returning when I achieved a higher level, a better version of myself I thought worthy of her.

It was my mistake, and it cost me. But I had good intentions😔.

What Guys Said 9

• I personally wouldn’t let a good girl go due to outside influences on me such as work, debt, or peer pressure, and I certainly wouldn’t let her go if I deeply cared about her, because I had internal issues either like stress, anxiety or depression about something or anything going on in my life. I mean, for me to let a girl go that I truly cared about, there would have to be something truly and utterly extraordinary happening to me for me to give her up. Because no matter what else is going on in your life, having someone at your side while you’re dealing with all those outside pressures can make it that much easier to deal with overall. We’re meant to have our other halves with us as we walk through this life and once you find it, you hold on to it---you don’t ever let it go. That’s my bottom line.

• I would let her go if I wasn't in a right place to be with her and believe she deserves more than to just wait. It would hurt like hell, everyday, but if I care for her, I won't deprive her of happiness.

• Yes, I did. I was moving to a job and wanted to come with me, although she told me her family would disown her if she moved across the country with a man that she wasn't married to. She still wanted to do it, but I did want her to lose her family.

• I have the idea in my head that I can help a girl if she lets me, that's why I wouldn't let go of a girl if I loved/liked her. But maybe that's just the psychologist in me.

• If she doesn't wanna be in a relationship then no one can force her to be in one no matter how great she is. If she really felt the same way about me like I felt about her, then she would've given it a try no matter what.

• if she's giving up on me then i'll also give up on her and let her go

That wasn't the question

Clearly you don't understand so don't worry

yeah your right. lol

• hun we have lost are freedom so where forced to work 8 to 12 hours a day
    when back in the day we had so much free time it was crazy

but also we had peace until that day

• Of course not. If I like her, I will keep her. unless she is annoying or has other bad habits

• things have become so much more competitive in the world since women joined the workforce and its harder to get jobs now that governments have to provide for both men and women. I have had to let go of many women. I don't see the need in actually having relationships anymore unless you want kids. So i have a friends with benefits and its great to know i can have sex with her without strings attached and then carry on with my life. Its pretty cool.

I find that you have to put so much effort into girls like you have to win then in some way. I'm honestly tired of that and i would rather go read a book then pursue women

What Girls Said 1

• I agree, a strong relationship survives through things like this without any breaks. If I we're to be consumed by my anxiety I wouldn't break it off with my boyfriend, he'd be by my side in a heart beat helping me along. Any family issues he would offer his sympathy and ask what I want, if I need space it's simply a day or two to deal with the situation but I'd still talk and update him. Also ATM I'm incredibly stressed about university work, I use him to an advantage and vent it out, he finds a funny or cute video and I feel better.

That's really nice, good for you guys having that kind of support and understanding between you