How intimate is holding hands to you?

I've been watching youtube videos, reading forums, and reading about dating, because I'm hopeless and trying to get better! But one strange thing that keeps popping up, is holding hands. In these dating scenarios, lets say second or third date, apparently people will hold hands... even though they aren't boyfriend/girlfriend, they maybe only kissed once. That sounds crazy to me, to me holding hands is something I do with my SO ya know? Like, we are in public, to show I'm proud to have her, that she is mine, in the car to show I love her, or even while we cuddle watching a movie, I'll take her hands in mine and just touch them and hold them. So how the hell do people go on a couple dates and end up holding hands already? How does that work?

What Girls Said 2

• As much as holding hands shows that there is something between two people, I don't see it that way. When I'm accompanied by someone on the street, mall, or whatever I need to hold their hand so I don't get lost. It hasn't to be my so, it could be anyone. It's just a sense of safety I get. For example when I'm walking in a crowded place and I'm with a guy friend I'm not necessarily attracted to, I'd be tempted to hold his hand. I'd also be hesitant to do it, I don't want him to get the wrong impression, since people consider holding hands as intimate. I would hold his hand to feel safe, he would think I'm making a first move. :/

• After at least 9 months to a year

What Guys Said 0