Would You Stay With Your SO Whose One Request Is That You Get Rid Of Your Pet?

Would You Stay With Your SO Whose One Request Is That You Get Rid Of Your Pet??
Assuming it's a pet you have a strong emotional attachment to and this is a person you love, would you get rid of the pet or the person? There's no in between. This person will not stay with you if you don't get rid of your pet. Who stays and who goes? Get rid of the pet or get rid of the SO?

• Get Rid Of The Pet
  • Get Rid Of My SO
  • I don't like pets/Results

Most Helpful Girl

• how significant is this person to suddenly have an issue with your pet?
    What is the pet anyway? That could have an impact

I answered both those questions. You love your SO and you have an emotional attachment to the pet. And the pet depends on the person. Could be a dog, cat, snake... hell, it could be a goldfish lol

Hahahahaha, love it

Thanks for the MHO💟

What Guys Said 32

• Of course no. Pets before hoes.

• There are a few billion other potential SOs, any one of which may leave me for minor bullshit. My pet won't leave me and uniquely loves me as I am.

I quote John Grogan, author of Marley and Me:

“A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water-logged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?”

If my SO gave me that ultimatum, they would instantly become another of my ISOs.

• SO wouldn't even be SO if my pets didn't like her to begin with.

• It would depend on the reason, really. I know I'm not going to win a popularity contest for this, but let's say I had a dog. Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with someone who is violently allergic to dogs and for whatever reason, can't do anything about it. I'd do everything in my power to find a good home for the pet with someone I know, where I could visit now and then. Now just because someone doesn't *like* dogs, no, that's not an acceptable reason. I'm just saying there are exceptions that need to be made now and then.

• Depends on the reason.

If she's allergic to my pet then I would try to gift to a friend. If it's a stupid reason like "I don't like dogs" then she'll have to walk her sweet ass out of the door. Buh bye.

• You would have to be a deeply disturbed person to not like pets to the point of wanting them out of your partner's life so I'd drop that crazy right out of the door before she could even finish telling me what is that she meant to say.

• Get rid of the S/ O if i had one. I think it's horrible a person would make their partner get rid of their pet now that one there is way too much.

• FUCK no. If she doesn't like my fuckin pet she's most definitely not the kind of woman I want to be with lol, cmon now!

• I'd say goodbye, wouldn't wanna date anyone like that.

• Then my SO and I aren't compatible if she can't stand my cats

• I love animals and would not want to be without them, but people come first.

• The way I was raised, pets are like part of the family. So yeah, I don't see myself dating a woman who doesn't love animals.

• it would depend on who came first. if I had my pet first I would kick the girl to the curb and vise versa

• Depends on the reasoning and the pet. Some people have some very impractical pets. A horse costs alot' more than a gold fish to maintain. Cat allergies can be alot' worse than seasonal allergies.

• I can't really relate since I dont have a pet and dont plan on getting one.

• I would dump SO

• I'd laugh and well what are you waiting for? The door's right there...

^and say

That is the ultimate character flaw in a partner. If I don't get my way/pay then I'm abandoning you. That's enough to cancel out every other possible good trait and flip love to hate like a light switch. There's no coming back from that.

• There would be no discussion. The pet stays no matter what. I would never change myself and my love for animals for a girl. I want a puppy and a kitten to grow up together when I get my shit together.

• one of the rules of dating is that I dont change core things about me for my SO. if she doesn't like me then she can scoot and sceedadle

• If I'm serious about a girl then sure, I like animals but they aren't everything

Otherwise I would tell her to suck it up

• Whitey? Nooooo screw her lol

• Nobody comes between me and Cody (Cody is my dog, not my lover lol)

Haha... lol
      I am glad you explain that, because I would have thought something totally different... lol
      >( • ^ •)<

@JoyGirl hahaha yeah I was actually about to send that without thinking

• I don't have any pets but I wouldn't make a gal choose.

• Pets won't wake up one day and decide to dump your ass hellnaw the girls gone😂😂

• I love my pets

• If she has a problem with pets, she's not my type anyways.

• She's gone. I don't have a pet, but I did grow up with a dog that lives with my parents.

• I will get rid of the pet because I have no other sensible choice.

• kind of an interesting question I don't think a lot of people would just get rid of a pet just cause a partner asked , unless they didn't really like it and had been thinking of getting rid of it anyways

• If I had a pet, and it came before my SO, then I will always choose my pet over my SO because they had been loyal to me. The best way is still to not let my SO ever know about my pet from the beginning, and that way even if this situation had to happen, we'd probably already had sex at least once or twice before I finally decided I had to get rid of her because of my unwillingness to be disloyal to my loyal pet, at least I hope we had sex at least once or twice before this shitty situation comes around where I have to pick to keep one and not the other.

Oh well, at least I'll have fun with my SO before having to give her up.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 37

• I would definitely choose my pet over a SO. Mainly because I don't trust that my SO is really in it for the long haul. I know my pet is because they don't have a choice :P. They love me unconditionally. Can't say that about anyone I know who is human.

People leave you for such stupid things. Honestly, I could never ask a SO to give up their pet. As I know how meaningful pets are to people. They're part of the family and I could never ask someone to choose me over their pet.

I would always find a way to make it work for all of us.

Plus there's no guarantee that if I did get rid of my pet, that my SO would stay with me. They could leave a week later for all I know.

• I believe that if your Hunny Bunny really Loved you Unconditionally, @Elarra... He wouldn't be so Selfish as to Ask this of you. He doesn't wantto Share you with Anyone.
    Sit down and think this over. If you Start to Stand for this with this Man, then you will always be Stooping to Whatever Poop he decides to Scoop and Throw your way.
    I think he Has this Carrot dangling over your nose. Call his Blow wind Bluff. Tell him Pretty Kitty is staying, there's the Door... Don't let it hit you in the Bum as you leave Here, dear.
    Good luck and Use your Upper Hand. xx

• Nope nope nope nope nope. He can go to hell and I will keep my dog.

• odds of cat or dog waking up one day and deciding that they don't love you anymore: nonexistent.

odds of s/o doing the same: much higher.

self-explanatory.

• I'm always going to have at least one dog, so if a guy doesn't like that or if he just can't have dogs (allergies or whatnot), then we're not good for each other.

Same here. I need a dog for mental health therapy and my little beagle is the best thing that ever happened to me. I wouldn't be here if it were for my dog so any guy who doesn't like it can kick rocks with no damn shoes on.

• Last time my man broke my heart:
    Yesterday
    Last time my dog broke my heart:
    Never

Hmmm... not a very lengthy discussion.

• Yes I would.
    My father got rid of his cat when he married my mom, well, a few months later because my mom is allergic to cats and it could've even affected my mom's pregnancy (with me).
    If I were in a similar situation I would definitely do it. Maybe give the pet to someone else I trust and go visit it from time to time. Or if I have a garden just leave it in the garden.

• I'd definitely get rid of the pet. I love my boyfriend very much and soon he'll be my husband. I wouldn't pick an animal over a person and especially not someone as important as my husband. Also, I value humans over animals so getting rid of a pet won't be a big deal.

• Get rid of my SO not even a question. People who don't like animals are a huge no no for me and people my dog doesn't like just as much.
    I feel like my dog sometimes recognises people with the wrong intentions before I do.

• Get rid of my partner. I love him very much but I didn't take on animals just to abandon them.

• If it was because of an allergy, or some serious problem with my pet, I'd give my pet to someone else that I trust. If they're just not an animal person... I don't even think I'd be able to date a person that doesn't like animals... :P

• My pet would go. I'd never put an animal above my SO. I have a stronger emotional attachment with him than my pet. I'd make sacrifices for my SO , he has for me

If he wasn't a guy I wanted to spend my life with then he'd have to go

• He's gone lol I love my pets more than anything. Sorry

• I could never love someone who tried to force me to get rid of my pets.

• Nope. I've had my cat Cal for ten years and my cat Scrappy for 13. No way in hell am I getting rid of them for someone.

• Get rid of my SO, my dog was there before them and will continue to be after them.

• How significant could they really be before they decided they didn't like the animal? You would think they would make that decision at the start of a relationship so it would seem very easy to choose your pet over the "SO".

• The answer is always the dog (comes first).

• It's okay if they aren't a fan of animals, but I love my dear dog with all my heart. If they can't accept that, they need to pack their bags and leave. My dog stays.

• The cats win everytime♡

• I will pick my pet over my SO every time.

• I would tell him I would never abandon my pet then let him choose if I mean enough for him to support my pet or if he want to go away. No way I would get a rid of my pet.

• Shit no, my cat is 4.5 years old!! Then what if that mother fucker is temporary? Shid, I choose my cat.

• If my SO doesn't like my pet then it's not going to work... I mean if they're allergic that's different but if they want me to get rid of it just cause then no.

• Never. I'd dump them lol

• He knew I had a pet when we got serious so I guess he already made the decision to deal with it leave. Now if he had allergies then I would pick him over the pet.

• Never would I ever give up my pets for anyone or anything. They are my life and soul and heart.

• Dogs are the most important

• Why can't I get rid of my SO? ಠ_ಠ

• Ditch the loser. If he really loved me he would never ask me to get rid of one of my pets.

• More from Girls
    7