If a guy gets emotional and has feelings or says I love u when drunk and then when he is sober denies it, what's the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a Latin phrase: "In wine there is truth." Generally speaking, the phrase means that alcohol lowers people's inhibitions to the point where they will generally tell you the truth they would not otherwise admit to. There are various reasons why they don't want to admit the truth, especially when it comes to feelings, but if he was drunk and told you that he loves you then generally speaking from my perspective he more than likely told you the truth. It is a shame he won't admit to it once he's sober, because subconsciously he loves you. That's my bottom line.

What Guys Said 20

• Alcohol typically reduces inhibitions, and if he says he loves you, when drunk, he probably really does, at some level. When he is sober, maybe he over-thinks, or has other reasons not to want to be in love? Some people's personalities don't mesh, but they can still have loving feelings, and sometimes those come out, with too much alcohol. . .
    he might like you, but he might not be ready for that level of commitment. Don't write him off, just yet, but, if you like him, get closer, when he is sober, and if he really does like you, he will show you, and tell you, not necessarily in words, but how he treats you, touches you, and talks to you.

• In vino veritas. A Latin proverb.

Dump him: whoever denies feelings is a jerk, and a fool as well. Men are the most insecure creatures on Earth: they are taught to deny the one thing that makes them human - emotions. It's pathetic. Don't let them fool you by saying they have no emotions. They do. They are just to chicken. You don't need them. You're a beautiful girl, you'll find a guy that treats you like a princess.

• Lot of truths come out when you're drunk and your inhibitions are down. I'd go with what he said when he was drunk. Or, depends on how he said he loves you. I mean if you guys are good friends and he said it as if he would say it when good friends have jokes together and say they love you. But, if you guys are dating or something and he says it in a more emotional way and is looking into your eyes while saying it, then he probably does have love for you. Not sure if it's "in love" or just he has gotten a little more emotional connection to you. That will come out later. But sounds like he cares for you either way.

• where i'm originally from there is a myth that your "true self" comes out when you're drunk and I believe this is so true. when I'm drunk myself I never give a f*ck what people think of me or how stupid I may sound when I say it. so therefore I feel like I can be my true self without regrets when I'm drunk and I'm not the only one that with this mentality when drunk.

so I say giving you nothing but the damn truth when he's drunk

• He probably has feelings for you but doesn't know what to do or how to deal with them. Alcohol doesn't turn you into someone you're not, it's turns you into who you are at your core.

• The truth is he doesn't love you. You can never trust, believe a person who is in a drunk state, they are not in their senses so they don't know what they are saying so you can't trust them.

• I don't think alcohol makes people lie. I think it merely paralyzes there censors so that they say things that they otherwise would not reveal.

• Drunk words are sober thoughts. He's a waste of time though. He wants to love you but finds reasons to not.

• He doesn't love you.
    If a man loves you, then, when he is stone cold sober, he will tell you "I love you" because a man in love isn't afraid to tell the woman he loves that fact.

• @Christine26... Alcohol makes people tell the truth about their feelings and stuff.

• Alcohol impairs what we say and do when were under the influence
    hell my 3 rd cousin plays with my feet, makes sexual remarks , she
    would be all hugging me, holding me close. Than the next day she
    wouldn't say much so you see what drinking does to people?

• Most likely the drunk part but only to a certain extent. Id go with maybe not love but is into you

• The Romans used to say, "in vino veritas" which means in wine (drunkenness) there is truth.

• Sober self.

• When he's drunk he loses his senses, when sober, they return. A guy has to have lost his senses to waste time with love.

• A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts.

• You really don't know the answer to this?

• What he says sober. Being drunk gets a person out of their mind.

• Lol it's probably the drunk talking

• when i drink, i tend to lie

What Girls Said 1

• The truth is that if a man really loves you, he will show you, with or without alcohol.