She sent me a positive text first after our date but then nothing?

So this girl texted me first 20 minutes after our date ended saying "Thanks! I had fun tonight, it was nice meeting you" About 40 min later I replied that it was nice meeting her too and maybe we can do it again next week? That was last night and she didn't reply all day today. I mean why would she text that right after if she didn't want to see me again and not replying all day today seems like playing too hard to get... Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she'll reply later. But I don't think she's too serious

Yeah, maybe I did ask too soon but if she had enough fun and was that excited to text me before I even got home it would make me think that she would want me to go out again either way.

And I asked her out for next week, not this week or weekend, and said maybe.

Anyways, I don't like to deal with girls like this so I'll let it go and in the future I'll just make more small talk before saying something about going out again no matter how excited she seems.

Most Helpful Guy

• You might of jumped the gun asking her out for next week. All is not lost if you feel like going through it. If she's not texting you back, she's probably going to be like this a lot, and is either half-way interested, or likes playing games.

Don't talk to her for a couple days and call her out of the blue and ask her out again, or shoot her a text asking if she's busy next weekend. Pretend like you never texted her, and that she blew you off, she might simply be testing how you react to if and if you want to put in the effort.

Keeping in mind once again, it sounds like the kind of girls that bug the living shit out of me, but you can make it work if you want to play the game.

Maybe I did jump the gun but if she had enough fun and was that excited to text me before I even got home it would make me think that she would want me to go out again.

Its a little bit more of pleasantry or common courtesy, I wouldn't read into that being excitement. However, if you ask her a girl to hang out again in the future and she say's maybe, she might as well of said no. It leaves you in a state of unknowing and having to chase after her.

What Girls Said 1

• You replied 40 mins late... she probably took it offensive... your supposed to text back right away

I don't take my phone in the shower lol... and no one should get offended over that short of time ha, people do have lives

Ignore this. Most people don't think this way.

What Guys Said 1

• If you have to chase her, that means she's running away. On to the next one

Very true, just weird though. If a girl doesn't want to see you again they def wouldn't reach out to you