Why do guys pull away & how is the best way for a woman to react to it?

Why do guys act really into you & then pull away? The guy I am currently dating has brought up commitment several times, introduced me to his family & friends & has wholly brought me into his life. Everything was going well & I believe it still is but he's seemed to pull away a little the last few days. I haven't brought it to his attention & I am just doing my own thing, keeping myself busy but still answering when he texts me & setting up plans when he asks but trying to give him space at the same time. Why do men do this? Things go well & then they pull away emotionally, come back things go well again & later down the road they pull away again just to come back. It drives me nuts & I would like to know why they do this & what is the best way I can handle it?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm guessing he's around your age and he has commitment issues thats a huge massive red flag to. me. just says he won't ever settle down. I think it be best if you move on from this guy.

• Why do women do that? It could be the same reason.

lol I don't do that so I can't answer that.

Exactly, and I don't do what you're describing, nor can I think of why a guy would, save for losing interest. But that wouldn't explain the coming back? I don't know... Aloof isn't my nature.

What Girls Said 1

• He is either emotionally unavailable or not super interested, I can say one thing if you want a serious relationship, this is not the guy for. It will be always be up/ down and one day he could outright leave you. I have this done to me before and eventually I got the truth out of him, he was confused. I let him pull away completely and I am dating another guy.