Do you feel bad for feeling like you deserve something?

I have been through a lot and my friend said I deserve a good guy in my life. I am not an entitled person and I have had terrible luck so far but I can't stop myself hoping that she might be right. is it wrong? I know we aren't entitled to anything in life and everything is a gift and experience, I try to be a good-ish person, its just something I have hoped for just a long time.

2mo I mean human to human not materialism or opportunitist

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm looking for the right girl in my life too cause I'm paid well, working on my dream job, I take care kids well, respect women and is very wise. Somehow the girls that likes me always end up with guys who never loved them. They knew it but oh well. Someday I'll find a girl for me. Like you said we are not entitled to anything but I sure wish I had one though.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's the Golden Rule right? Do you treat others how you want to be treated? If you do then you shouldn't feel bad about expecting people to treat you better. Give respect, get respect, give loyalty, get loyalty. There should be no shame in trying to find someone who understands that simple fact.

What Guys Said 1

• You deserve what you are willing to give. Nothing more and NOTHING less

What Girls Said 1

• I do. I feel like I can't deserve nice things or good things. I've been made to feel inadequate and undeserving my whole life so I can't say, I deserve this or that.

And I'm not talking about material things. I mean I don't deserve love or I don't deserve that job I wanted or things like that.