Is that normal? Was that okay?

So my boyfriend basically we got in a situation and I felt like I needed space and after a few hours away from each other. I found out he tried to hurt his self because he felt like living life without me wasn't worth it. I cried till I couldn't cry no more and it's real hard to make me cry. I promised to talk it out with him next time because one of his family members told me he was cheating , I didn't believe it but it was still painful... I don't think I've ever been that mad before.. but I wanna know was that unhealthy? I mean he's a little older than me so of course he's been through love and relationships more than me, he's my first solid boyfriend so I'm still learning. But I know I love him , it's just real hard to express myself to a man especially how I was raised. That made us stronger but is that healthy? Is us being together toxic?

2mo By stronger it made me realize how much he cared about me

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he has some serious mental issues if he is going pull something like that. I don't think it made you stronger, if he honestly wanted to kill himself and actually tried and wasn't just playing games you need to get him a therapist, not a girlfriend.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, that seems toxic. At least for him and it won't last long until it becomes toxic to you as well.
    "I found out he tried to hurt his self because he felt like living life without me wasn't worth it." If this is not manipulation (I highly doubt it's not), it's indeed some really toxic obsession. Like all obsessions.

" one of his family members told me he was cheating , I didn't believe it but it was still painful... I don't think I've ever been that mad before.. but I wanna know was that unhealthy" Well, yes. Anything that makes you feel troubled in any kind of way is unhealthy. Now you've got to see if this is some frequent or not.

" That made us stronger" I don't know if you can say that this made you stronger. To me it sounds more like these things you've previously mentionned rather revealed some weaknesses that have always been there from the start.