Why are there so many more single men than women?

Now im not trying to be a dick here but its amazing how low some guys are willing to sink for female attention. there are healthy fit guys in their early 20s-30s chatting women old enough to be their grandmas on most online dating sites.

why are there so many more single men than women?

Some of these old grannies are getting so much attention they LITERALLY have to fight off younger guys with a stick.

Surely a handsome/fit young guy like Jacob should have more then a few likes.. right?

wrong.. dude has like 5 or 6 likes on all his pictures combined lol. i chated with him and he says he's barely getting responses from girls on here. they probably think he's a loser

just in case you're wondering what its like for a mid 20s girl on social media. she is the same age as Jacob (the guy above) and took her selfie from a similar angle. Only difference is she is wearing makeup. these cockroach white knights spawn out of nowhere within seconds to compliment her left and right. this is same behavior from desperate losers women are used to getting every time they go out.

200-400 likes on average per photo and 100+ comments. Every one of those 'likes'/'comments' is a guy ready and willing to bend over backwards to toss her salad

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are there so many more single men than women?
    I highly doubt that considering the gender ratio and the division of sexual orientation.

"there are healthy fit guys in their early 20s-30s chatting women old enough to be their grandmas on most online dating sites."
    It's amusing to me how your example didn't really have a lot of healthy fit guys in their early 20s-30s. Most of those dudes looked pretty old to me and the seemingly few younger ones weren't fit.

"Some of these old grannies are getting so much attention they LITERALLY have to fight off younger guys with a stick."
    Except for the 29 year old I don't really consider the guys in those to be younger guys as they are within her age range to me. If you were talking about 50s/60s year old gals getting 20s/30s year old dudes I can see but 40-something dudes really?

"Surely a handsome/fit young guy like Jacob should have more then a few likes.. right?"
    Jacob's not handsome to me. I don't think he's fit he seems more like bulky (ie fat onto of muscle) or just plain fat/chubby.

"Every one of those 'likes'/'comments' is a guy ready and willing to bend over backwards to toss her salad"
    Dudes can get the same reaction if they're willing to suck any guy's dick and take it up the ass from him.

Jacob is the guy that has a pic of his face only...

@Flurr
      MySpace angle is basically a fat gal/guy angle to make her/him appear thinner or to cutoff their fatness.

My tastes aren't boxy faced, dog like, facial hair dudes with seemingly flared huge noses. Nah Jacob is definitely not attractive to me and pretty much all the gals in my entire social environment. I passed this around my sorority gal pals to show them what it seems dudes think are generally attractive. I knew dudes seem to think 'not deformed' and 'not morbidly obese' made a dude attractive but damn it seems like guys have pretty low standards for male attractiveness.

How does you figuring you are generally attractive work out for you? Do gals approach you? Do gals generally accept your approaches? I find guys who are generally attractive know it by how they easily have options for fucking/dating/relationships.

Ohhhh ok I gotcha!

Well to be honest the majority of girlfriends I've had asked me out first, but that could be because I'm horrible at realizing when I'm being hit on, or picking up signals, like the worst in the world haha. I still get rejected like 90% of the time, various reason not necessarily because of looks, but that's the way it's suppose to be.

Most Helpful Guy

• The issue isn't one on the end of the men, it's an issue with the female perception of average... Women don't believe that average is a statistical normality, they believe it to be a sensorial issue. Where men see average as top of the bell curve or within the standard deviation, women consider that if they feel something is and their friends feel that it also is that it must be average. The issue is that when compared side by side, women's perception of average tends to be only the top 20% of any given statistic especially pertaining to attractiveness of men.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah dating sites are like that. Guys like to pile onto womens profiles. It happens here too. Just look at the pink and blue ratio of followers on any active Pink account on this website.

But you're trying to compare the amount of likes to actual relationships women have? Doesn't seem like accurate data.

• I always find this question weird. Like, how can their possibly be more single men than women? Like if a girl is dating someone... well presumably it's a man who isn't single. And if a girl is single, then the guy is going to be too.

I think the math doesn't work.

• I doubt it considering there are more men in the population than women. I Don't know any single guys except my ex who wants me back lol

• Somebody is on the Internet too much.

• That guy had 1 like? Smh 😕

• No I think it's the other way around.

• But these men are bottom of the ladder socially, romantically, sexually and physically in looks.

BS a lot of them are average (aveage bone structure, skin quality, height, etc) many are lightyears above these behemoths that call themselves women. the women are more bottom of the barrel than most of the guys simply becuase they are all obese while most of the guys aren't

its just basic supply and demand. there is much higher supply of men than women

you can barely make out with any of them look like becuase their avi is small and barely shows them. not sure what your basing this all of us. i think just the fact they are desperate enough to hit on women that old is ugly is what you're judging them by

The things they say, and the ones with close up pics you can fully see only a few are far pics. Trust me, every girl has seen these exact comments and messages and it's ALWAYS from the same type of guy and the only women who are flattered are desperate. Like even ugly women turn these kinda guys down. She's gotta be desperate, not ugly. I'm surprised there's no "empress" or "princess" comments though.

• I don't think it's sad. People like what they like. Who's to say any of those people don't deserve any attention?

I feel bad for the one guy, but online dating sucks. I've been online many times and don't get many messages at all. Let alone responses to messages I send. Some people are just lucky, regardless of everything.

I don't think this proves there's more single men than women. All the women on this example would seem single. Why would they be on there otherwise? So I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make here.

no one is saying they dont deserve any attention. the question im proposing is why women have so many options at hand than men when it comes to dating

im not trying to make a point im asking a question. again, why do overweight/unhealthy women have so many more options than healthy fit men? that is the question im trying to figure out

Why do overweight/unhealthy women and men not deserve attenion? I feel like this is exactly what you are implying with the question.

Now, as for the older women. Men that age are most likely wanting companionship. I've encountered this online as well. Older men really trying to push for a relationship right away. Maybe their spouse died and they are lonely or maybe they are divorced. Either way, kids grew up and now they are by themselves. Older people in general like to have someone to spend time with. Some people are okay by themselves. But when you are younger it's easier. There are so many things to do, friends and such. But as you get older, well sadly friends die and people get involved in their own lives so much. It becomes lonely as you get older if you don't ahve someone.

What Guys Said 12

• Hahahaha and the best part is some of these women think they can do better than the guy they are with or was with or is on a date with because of all this attention... nahhhh lol, come on they're just desperate.

• There isn't. I don't know where you got this idea from?

There is approximately 1 male for every 1 female in this world. That means that, assuming most of us are in a monogamous relationship, there is 1 single female for every 1 single male.

Your mistake might be thinking that online dating is an accurate approximation of the population. Last I heard there were 2 guys for every girl on Tinder and 9 guys for every girl on POF.

But yea I agree with you... most online guys are scum and literally have no idea how to have a decent conversation. I mean how hard is it to say something more than "Hey"?

• What sort of rant/butthurt is this?

i have 2 differnet fwbs ATM and am very happy actually. its just amazing to me how many more single men exist than women

It's just a bunch of photos. Take another ESL class and try reposting.

are you retarded? i wrote multiple paragraphs in there damn you are a bigger idiot than i thought

• Women have higher standards.

or maybe men just have lower standards

men are being forced to settle for less AS A RESULT of women thinking they are entitled to top 20% of men. men lowering there standards is a direct result of women having higher standards. women need to lower their standards to balance things out. the problem is this. women can put on makeup and clothes and raise their looks by 2-4 points MINIMUM and then they feel entitled to men way out of their league and bitch and complain when they get pumped and dumped bu these men way above their league just as anyone could have predicted.

yes its both sides of the same coin.

• I suppose it's possible that women may be more picky than men? Since they have more choices, they would end up rejecting more of them. For guys, they take what they can get. I'm just offering my guess on this.

• I think what you really mean is why are more men living sexless lives than women.

• They're all raiding in WoW duh, no time for women.

• Because guys aren't the ones being chased as much if that makes sense

• many women will grab the first guy that asks them out, even if it's the "wrong" guy. men are a little more picky

• The reason is due to a combination of undersexulized males, over sexulized females, a lack of standards from men coupled with not understanding their own self worth and value.

Then you have men buying into the myths about women not wanting sex as much as they do along with the media over inflating women's egos and stroking their ego everywhere while doing the opposite to men.

• Nigga... who are you to be asking this? When your profile picture is fake.

• It's kinda sad isn't it?