Girls, Dating a Friends Ex?

So the situation is there is a girl I have liked for around a year that my friend dated for around 6 months. They recently (a little over a week ago) broke up and since then she (also a friend of mine) has been very flirtatious with me since then (thats how I found out they broke up because neither of them told me since I'm not super close to either). I still really like her but I don't want to hurt my friend by saying yes. Him and I aren't really close but I see him at the gym once every week or two during my schools open lifting time, and we both do track (where I know him from originally). I knew and liked the girl for months before I met him as well but totally backed off when he told me he was dating her of course. I guess my question is, Is there any way I could date her and not lose him as a friend?

What Girls Said 3

• No. There is no other way unless he is completely over her, has moved on, and told you yes. My guess is that she was interested in you the whole time and needed an excuse to dump your friend. She sounds like she just wants another person to have sex with and nothing really serious. And by serious, I mean where she genuinely wants to have a long term relationship with you because she sees that your a good guy, and not 'omg he is so hot' 'better than my ex', etc. Flirting also boils down that she is interested in you sexually. If I were you I suggest you be careful and ask him first. But overall my answer is no to dating her. It will cause so much friction between your friend. And it sounds like she will deliberately use you as a rebound too.

• My dad met my mum through his friend dating her. They aren't friends now, but if my dad had never made a move they wouldn't have been together for 20 years and had two children either. What's more important to you? To have a friend who you barely see or to have a girl who you could potentially spend the rest of your life with?

• Well, I wouldn't do it
    But then again if a girl is worth it, why not try talk to guy if you care about his feelings.

What Guys Said 0