Are high maintenance girls an automatic turn off?

So I've had several people tell me (both men and women) that I'm a high maintenance girl. I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. But a friend of mine recently told me that no man would ever want me if I continued my "stuck up" behavior (I'm not stuck up by the way, people just think that way about me because of my outward appearance)

what do you think? Would you date a "high maintenance" girl? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have yet to find myself in any relationship that was not high maintenance. Sometimes the lady in question expects the better things in life and other times I feel that I should make their life more rewarding due to my presence.

So either way it goes, I have always attempted to shower a lover with adoration and gifts.

So until I gets me a sugar-momma, all of the ladies I am with will be high maintenance, simply because if you appreciate someone or something you will always treat her the best that you possibly can.

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think it's bad, some guys love it

What Guys Said 30

• As I'm not a high-maintenance kind of guy, yes, it's a bit of a turn-off to me - at least until proven otherwise.

I've dated a few high-maintenance girls - but the difference is that they didn't expect ME to be, or for me to provide for them - they were responsible for themselves, and realistic (usually, anyway) about my own tastes and preferences. We both compromised at times, and made it work. Not everyone is willing to do that, though, and without that, it wouldn't work with a guy who wasn't also high-maintenance I suspect.

• Depends on the maintenance requirements. If it's high maintenance in the sense of how much affection she needs, then I can do that. But if it's high maintenance in the sense she always wants to go out to eat, needs gifts expensive and frequent gifts. Basically being the type of girl that says, "I just thought if you really loved me you would...". Fuuuuck that lol. The vagina ain't worth it. Pardon my being crass. Lol.

Just I expect so much more from a woman. If it's just sex, then that investment isn't worth it to me.

Or the type of girl that can't accept I'm enjoying time out with friends and will be a slow text responder in that time.

• no, high maintenance women are beyond difficult and pretty much a nightmare. they also tend to be disordered-thus the "high maintenance", they enjoy conflict and seek it. This is also a sign of the disordered trait called "push-pull" as in, a fear of intimacy and to avoid intimacy they push (you away) by manufacturing fights/issues out of nothing... So I avoid "high maintenance" women like the plague, because that's precisely what a high maintenance person is-usually disordered, like NPD or BPD and both will make you crazy if you stick around long enough.

I don't think that's me though. Like I don't get pleasure out of being mean or starting fights. I crave intimacy. I'm just unable to find it and I feel it's largely because of my appearance. Which sucks. I enjoy looking nice.

• so long as she can do the maintenance herself :D

• apperance as a women may go for or aganced you. I would say if you don't think your high maintenance just keep on doing you. but yes high maintenance is unattractive. if you are always on ur guy always need his help or have him with you to go places etc basically the opposite of independent you get annoying and clingy. for most guys you need to be able to be part of a couple but expecially at the start of a relationship you need to be good at being independent and slowly work into a couple mentality.

• No high maintenance is very bad. It ranks right up there with women who love to participate in or start drama.

Nope. That's not me. I just like to look nice.

• Yes they are definitely a turn off to me.

I believe life is too damn short to be wasting your time trying to look so perfected unless you have insecurity issues and have the need to project a false image and hide these insecurities. also my mom is like this and she was kind of a pain in the ass while growing up

I just don't see anything wrong with taking pride in how you look...

hey if your man expects you to look and dress a certain way then that man does not love you for who you are.

and yes it does say a lot both positive and negative.

I'm not saying it's a requirement just nice to do every now and then.

• I think they are more trouble than they are worth.

• Well I don't treat anyone differently based on my personality. One thing that comes with high maintenance girls is high standards or expecting chivalry, special treatment and romance, while all of that is great. It is simply not me. At the end of the day, it's what you think about yourself

• High maintenance girls are a lot of effort and are rarely worth it. They put too much value on material things and are just a pain to be around. I'd much prefer a low maintenance, down to earth girl.

• Yes big time

• You guessed it.
    Why?

I cannot 'maintain' a HM girl because I have other priorities. :D

• Yeah. I'm not catering to some high maintenance chick. Grew up in a very wealthy area and those girls make me cringe for the most part. Dated these types as well.

• Depends on the guys definition of high maintenance. Needy, attention seeking, expensive tastes. Sometimes it's just an aura the girl gives off.
    Men should spend a little time and effort getting to know the girl better and decide from there.

• Yes, the effort and drama just isn't worth it.

• i put effort into how i look, so i would expect my girl to be the same

"high maintenance" is bonus points to me

I appreciate this answer.

thank you. i hope you find what you're looking for. dont give up!

Thanks :)

• In what ways are you "high maintenance"?

• They act bitchy.

• no thanks no guy wants a girl like that

• Unless she is super hot and amazing, no.

• its not high maintenance it's just if we can't do something for you accept it
    where not rich

you want everything you can get your hands on go find some rich guy that doesn't give a damn

• I'm high maintenance too lol so yeahhh

• What makes you "high maintenance?

• Probably

• What exactly high maintenance? Health issues?

• never would, they are too much, moneywise and everything else

• Fuck ya They are high maintenance girls are for rich dudes who can shut them up with m

Lol hit the send button prematurely any way rich dudes only to shut them up with money... If your high maintenance your basically a nice ass sports car to said rich guy why because just like a car your fun to drive around and show to your friends but when you take it home you just want to leave it in the garage. It costs a lot of money, and if it breaks down he'd much rather get a new one then spend the time trying to fix it. What I'm trying to say is it's not possible to build a deep emotional relationship with a girl who's high maintenance there good for sex and showing off.

• Not my type but I'm sure plenty of guys don't care.

• girls are a turn off altogether.. theyre manipulative

• If they want to maintain themselves, all the best to them. I'm not paying for their nail salon unless it involves lots of blowjobs at below prostitute rates.

What Girls Said 1

• For most men? Yes.