Girls, Does it make guys less attractive to other girls if they have best friends who are girls?

Two of my best friends are girls. We hang out all the time, and we all get along really well and are really close. I'm just worried that it is causing girls to be less interested when they see me in public, already with two other girls. And im not sure if its making it harder to get a girlfriend.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's pretty obvious when two people are together, the problems with having two girl best friends start when your in a relationship :)

Seriously though, most girls dont go out on their own though so the thing you may find is that with more men you all attract more women, that doesn't mean they are attracted to you though... just numbers and more chances.

Just mix it up, go out with your male friends occasionally too, and enjoy your best friends when you're with them rather than treating each outing as an opportunity to meet someone.

the problem with one of them is the fact that she is really flirty when we are in public. Shell smack my ass and have me smack hers, and always be looking at me and smiling and or laughing at random, as well as always touching me, whether it be on the arm the head or even my thigh sometimes. And she is always joking about sex with me too, so its probably gonna be hard to get a girlfriend with her around. because she doesn't make it obvious that we aren't together.

@pooper89 no lol, thats why i asked this question cause im trying to find someone else. I just wasn't sure if hanging out with them all the time is keeping that from happening.

If you are trying to find someone else, yes it is. Without a doubt

What Girls Said 21

• Personally it's not so much a turn off as it is a playoff of my own insecurities. I don't know if that makes any sense but when I'm into a guy that has close female friends, I know that somewhere down the line that's gonna cause problems, and yea I guess that could definitely make me reconsider things. In my last relationship my boyfriend pretty much had ONLY female friends. At first it bothered me, but instead of going with my intuition, I decided that I was being unreasonable. Needless to say, his female friends started causing all sorts of trouble, and now we are exes for that very reason.

• To me PERSONALLY, it does. If a guy is into a girl, and girl is into him, she wants to feel like she's special to him, or at least holds value. However when he's joking around and hanging around another girl a lot, then we automatically go "Oh, he's into her" or even "Oh, he's a player. I don't wanna deal with a player."

• You know how guys assume that girls with a lot of guy friends are taken by one of the guys or sluts?

Same goes for guys with a lot of girl friends. They're obviously fucking. Or want to. Or the females are going to get protective and female politics are annoying.

Either way... not worth the trouble.

what do you mean by the females will get overprotective?

Yes. And your girlfriend would do the same to them. Assuming she agrees to date you in the first place.

well damn... I kinda put myself in a shitty situation. So its either lose my friends in order to get a relationship, or deal with not getting into one.

• Absolutely not. It makes you even more attractive in my opinion because you know how to converse with girls, you understand them etc.

However you are right, maybe the girls who are interested in you and do not know you personally will think that you're already taken. I would say that you would have to make the first move on such a girl because you're always hanging out with you're female friends so it would be quite difficult for any girl to approach you in such a situation, not to mention that you would have to flirt like crazy with her lol to make your interest known.. :D

• I don't think it makes you less attractive, I just think girls assume you are already taken

• Not at all. I have my friends based upon common interests/beliefs not gender. Why should it be any different for him?

• My best friend is a guy. We don't see each other often (live about 45 minutes away from each other). While he hasn't done a lot of dating in recent years, none of my boyfriends have ever really had a problem. I don't see it being fair forcing a significant other to give up their friends.

Though, if I saw a guy out with one or more females who he was obviously just friends with, I would be a little hesitant to approach him, but I wouldn't not do it.

Some girls need to get over this "female politics" bullshit.

• No? My best friend is also a guy. He knows more about girl problems and won't judge that bad if I have my period and the cramps are bad af. Last time he brought me roses and chocolate with his friend 💗

Your best friend fancies you... roses and chocolate = romantic

@Pixiefairylady honey he has girlfriend, we've been besties for nearly 14 years. He has fancied me and I have fancied him but that was on different times. But he is really romantic

Ok, doesn't mean he doesn't fancy you cause he has a girlfriend, my friend of 20 years has a girlfriend and he has told me he loves me more than just a friend, as it was he's so shy it took him 10 years to tell me that... don't assume just because he has a girlfriend he doesn't fancy you... I'm just saying :)

• I wouldn't have any problem with it.

• The guy would not be less attractive to me but I would be afraid because of the possible competition.

even if he told that there is nothing there at all? Especially since weve been friends for a year, and if something was going to happen it probably already would have.

• It may make you less approachble, but certainly not less attractive. Good luck

• Yeah i would not date a gu like that. Seriously

*guy

i dont see how its disrespectful... We are just friends and nothing more. I would obviously put someone I have deeper feelings for first of course. But im not gonna cut them off all together.

Good luck then

• It wouldn't make the guy less attractive on a basic level for me, but I'll always wonder if he has a crush or any of his friends, or it he slept with them. But I would still give him a chance to see if anything can happen between us.

• Possibly... more than anything it would make anyone crushing on you jealous or feeling like they don't have a chance. Just make sure it's obvious that ur only friends.

• i wouldn't get any less interested, I'd probably be thinking "damn i have to get through so many hoes" and I'd be jealous.

so it really depends on what kind of girl it is.

• I don't like it personally.

• I dont give a f uc k

• I wouldn't talk to you.

can you give a specific reason why? like i wanna know what goes through a girls head in that situation.

Well if I was a female that was interested in you and I saw you always with two other females, it would just make me uncomfortable. It would make you seem like a man whore. Especially if you go and hangout with them. I would defiantely say drop them if you ever want a chance with another girl or happiness. when someone else comes into the picture then them other girls should be put on the back burner. For one , girls are two faced, lying, back stabbing bitches. I don't trust any females around my man. But then again I have been through stuff that gives me reason to be like that

i mean id probably hang out with them less than i do now, if i find someone. and i would try to make it clear that nothing would EVER happen between them and I. But i see what you're saying.

• Its okay to have girlfriends, there's always exceptions. But ultimately we get this instant thought of "Oh he's a player". Just this week I was asked out by two guys and the next day they both are hanging out one on one with a girl (from what I could see on snap story). So I told one we're better off as just friends and will give the benefit of the doubt to the second date. I mean, obviously this situation is a little different, but relevant. It's a total turn off for me. After being in multiple relationships/flings, I'm looking for something serious at this point. I'm tired of playing games. It's not that it's unattractive, but more of a red flag to watch out for. It's all about protecting our hearts at the end of the day.

• It'd probably intimidate some girls. My best friend is a guy he's constantly around girls because his closest friends are almost all females. His closest friends are me, our female friend from New York, our female friend from South America, and his childhood guy friend. He's always with 3 girls. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend broke up with him because of me specifically since I'm his best friend and she took it the wrong way. Dating is probably gonna be difficult for you?

thats a major thing im worried about. Like i dont wanna lose my friends in order to be in a relationship, but i wanna be in a relationship... So im really stuck.

• It's intimidating definitely.