Men and Pulling away?

take the story of boy and girl meet , and both confess the like each other. One day girl tells boy she has fallen for him. Boy seemed to be excited to hear this but all of a sudden boy stops calling girl. Girl panicks and tries to reach out to boy and got nothing but silence. Girl cries and walks away.

what happened here with boy?

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• The boy never really was serious about the girl but wanted to keep her as a possible option. When he saw that things were on the verge of advancing, he cut things off since moving onto a relationship with the girl would mean closing his other options.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Doesn't boy go into his man cave to process this for a couple days?

• 1mo

No, boy understands perfectly what he's doing. There is no confusion here. He was hoping to string along girl slowly so that if she ends up being his best option, he can pounce but by having things move too fast, he was forced into a decision and decided to run. Boy is not worth girl's time.

Most Helpful Girl

• He felt the pressure, the girl was coming off too strong, he wasn't that into her from the first place.
    He might have been acting like he was excited to hear that because he didn't want to let the girl down or dealing with possible clingyness or what is going on talk if he backed off..
    Nothing happened to the boy. The boy wasn't that interested in the girl and now she confessed her feeling legit, he can't handle it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I think the boy never wanted anything more than just friendship, however then why would he also confess to the girl he likes her? that's a big question.

However I think he regrets saying that. I think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not interested...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like the modern world of dating where ghosting and flaking is the norm, especially when one develops feelings.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• He didn't like her as much as she thought he did. The feeling isn't mutual

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably changed his mind.

0|0
    0|0