How do you know if a guy likes you and wants you for more than just sex?

Specifically In text how do you know if a guy likes you and wants you more than just sex? Me and this guy have been talking. We met online and then we met in person and it went well but for whatever reason he stopped talking to me and a few months later he talks to me again and now we pretty much talk everyday and flirt and stuff we haven't met in person again yet. The thing is tho sometimes it just feels like he only wants sex but sometimes it doesn't feel that way so I was wondering how do you know if a guy likes you and wants you for more than just sex both in TEXTING and in person

What Guys Said 2

• There's no way to decipher what someone is feeling in a text message. It is just impossible. You have to talk to them in person and see how they are acting, how they look at you, how they respond to you etc.

You are going to drive yourself nuts trying to crack some kind of text code. You need to meet in person, I rarely have conversations with girls in text messages. It takes too much god damn time, when you could be out talking to each other in person.

• You'll just have to dive in and find out, or wonder forever.

What Girls Said 1

• Has he mentioned to you that he wants to date exclusively? Does he talk about other stuff apart from sex?

Nope he hasn't mentioned that he wants to date exclusively and yup he definitely does talk about other stuff apart from sex