How old were you when you started dating seriously? What was the defining point between dating for leisure vs finding companionate love?

Most Helpful Guy

• About 16 I dated my first girlfriend. We dated through junior senior and freshman year of college, broke up in the middle of freshman year then I dated her friend for a few months. Stayed single for a couple of years met my ex fiancee dated her for 8 months and after that it's been one girl after another nearing 130 over the last 3 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't consider any relationship I was in as 'serious' in comparison to what I had and still kind of have with my boyfriend. We started dating when I was a month or so into being 21 years old and... yeah. That relationship was on a whole new level from the very get-go. It's hard to describe how I knew that without a point of relativity (so my previous relationship a year prior-to).

Gone were the days of stressing as to why he took so long to reply to my text or didn't call me back right away. This relationship left me feeling very secure and 'all-in' from the beginning. Not wondering if or how much he cared for me, but already thinking that certain traits of his or things that he did often would be great to have in someone who I could see myself sharing my life with a decade or two down the road.

What Guys Said 10

• 25, my defining point is I am ready to have a relationship and one of my desires is to have a family and raise children with my future wife.

• To Be Announced.

• I started at 19 when I actually found someone I really care for and adore before that it was just to have my own chaotic fun

• I never went on my first date to i was age 28 and it was my first girlfriend now ex girlfriend.

• 10th grade, anything before was puppy love.

• i dont think I've actually been on a date.

• 22 years old, and he's now Germany, I am waiting for him

• I was 18.

• Haven't even dated yet, I think I'm too young, but parents say I'm ready, and friends are all dating

• 16yrs old

What Girls Said 11

• I got into my first relationship at fifteen and it's our five year anniversary this Thursday and it was always a serious relationship for me, never just trying out or experimenting or anything casual.

• 13 ! Yes I was too new but I can say I was really in love , I never really stayed with my first love but I got to marry the guy I met at 14

• The defining point is whenever you feel like you care about the person deeply and love them, i think at least. Love has no age either

• 18 but he was an ass. I've dated only assholes minus the one im dating now. I think the previous guys I dated was more for oh I have a boyfriend or im dating so and so. now im 21 and looking for a serious relationship. someone I can grow happy with. :) I'm dating this one guy who just feels right so far. there is a huge difference.

• I haven't dated seriously as of yet. All of my relationships have been a joke.

• Started casually dating at 18.
    Dating seriously at 19/20 years old.

• Hasn't really happened, guys just ask me to hang out not on an actual date

• I can't date till I am a graduate in college.
    That shouldn't be hard... ( '-')

• i was x years old when i started dating seriously.
    jfk i'm 13.

• You date because u want to spend the rest of your life w them. Most are just not meant to be thats why most dont end up loke how u expected it to. What is the point of dating anyways if you only take it as for fun.

• I'd say 16. it was when I could actually date with my parents approval without sneaking around and be comfortable. Also the longest relationship I've had (almost 4 years later and now were married )