If I am walking with a girl everywhere I go, do people assume we are dating?

I have a longtime friend in most of my classes and she and I always ave seats for each other and always talking and laughing together. Anyways, we would never date as she has a boyfriend and I am not really that attracted to her as we are different personalities is what I am trying to say. Do you think that hanging out with her lessens my chances that I have with other girls if they see me with her everywhere I go? I've had a friend last year ask If we were together and I was like noooo what makes you say that? He said we are always together 😭

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of immature people who easily assume that. I can look at people and see them together. That doesn't mean that they are a couple. Its just two people hanging out. As long as you two state this is shouldn't be a problem. That includes her boyfriend. He doesn't control her, but both of them needs to maturely respect each others desires and wishes for other interpersonal relationships. Its strictly platonic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it does. About two years ago I had a girl best friend and we would always hang out and she would purposely put my arm around her. People would always ask if we were dating and stuff. After she moved, I started dating this girl and she told me she didn't want to ask if I liked her before because she thought I was dating my best friend (who was a girl to remind you).

Moral of the story: Hanging out with your girl best friend will most likely kill the chance of a girl saying she likes you unless she's very confident and knows that you two aren't dating.

Great advice I completely agree and see your point!

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, 99% of the time I see a guy with a girl all of the time, I think they're dating. I've even had friends who were always together, said they weren't dating, but were actually hooking up on a regular basis! It's cool to have girls who are friends, but if you're wanting a girlfriend or something of the like, don't constantly be around your friend.

• The first thing I think of when I see two people together and they don't look like they're related is that their together.

Such a stereotypical judgement though when people make that assumption! but it is kinda true most of the time which is unfortunate

It is lol unless people know otherwise

What Guys Said 1

• yes, they do