Should I ask her out or befriend her first?

I like this girl in my class and I don't know what to do. She seems like a shy girl and i don't want to spook her out by asking her out. I also don't want to be Friend Zoned.

• Ask her out
  • Befriend her

Most Helpful Girl

• If she gets spooked by you asking her out (assuming you didn't screw up your approach) it wasn't going to happen anyway if you befriended her first or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be friend*ly* with her, flirt with her, then ask her out.

What Girls Said 3

• Ask her out.

• Ask her out, spook her out? It's almost hollerween so perfect timing ;)

• As a shy girl myself it would be better if you befriend her first, asking her out (especially if she doesn't know you well) might make her think you're just messing around... gl

What Guys Said 5

• If you want to avoid the friendzone the obvious choice is going to be ask her out. Regardless if she is shy. If you start off being a friend its going to be so much harder to move on to the dating category.

You're just going to have to roll the dice on this one, just keep it casual like day date type of stuff maybe.

• gonna need more details. not a book but a quick synopsis. have u talked to her at all? do you know her friends or does she know yours?

I have talked to her once in a while. She knows my friends, hers know me.

ok so you have an in. this is all gonna depend on how comfortable you are talking to people. if she's shy she's not gonna friend zone you for a while because she herself isn't sure of your intentions. i say to be safe talk to her as a friend for a week or two. then bring on the flirting. if she's still shy after a week, go slow. if she warms up quick then bring on the Dos Equis man.

Lol. Thanks

• The best couples describe their significant others as both a romantic partner and a best friend. It's not uncommon for friends to become something more, the "Friend Zone" is a made up concept.

• If you take too long she will lose interest. Ask her out

• You can't befriend her or you will 100% be in the friend zone. You're going to have to make some intentions known, or you will be screwed for sure.