Females, should males approach women in stores or on the street, such as shopping places or food places as well?

Would approaching in such circumstances be considered harassment?

• Yes these places are good to approach
  • No, don't approach, harassment

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol harassment. Goodness I feel bad for those looking for relationships nowadays. This culture is literally disgusting... I mean guys looking for relationships have been brainwashed into thinking that even cold approach is harassment nowadays.

It's gotten so bad that the other day Law and Order SVU aired an episode where they tried to prosecute a guy for hooking up.

Anyhow don't harassment to be honest. I would be more worried about the fact that cold approach is extremely ineffective way of meeting women.

It's a very effective way to meet women lol... well at least for me it is. I've met dozens of girls like that

Try meeting someone there. Starting a conversation is very easy, it's okay to be nerdy, and you seem smart even if you actually aren't 😂

Oh yeah and you get a chance to meet those shy girls who never go out and they're usually single.

What Girls Said 8

• Females, should males approach women in stores or on the street, such as shopping places or food places as well?
    C. These places are good to approach when she wants to be approached

In my opinion it's not the location that makes it harassment it's the lack of reciprocation. Basically the 'good' time to approach a gal and talk to her is when she wants to be approached not whenever you want to.

This!

You can know if she wants you to approach her through social cues, nonverbal communication, facial expression, body language, and being able to read a situation.

A friendly approach me sign generally comes with more body language than a smile. If all she does is smile it's most likely an acknowledgement smile.

There's a gal is sitting on a bench she's wearing headphones and playing on her phone. She looks up and sees you staring at her so she slides down the bench turning away from you. Do you think a gal wants to be approached by you?

Definitely not lol

• I am not sure how effective it will be. My natural inclination is to turn down men that hit on me. But I am not sure how common my response is as is to other females so I hope you get more females that respond to your question.

I do not think it is harassment. I think that is a very big stretch. Harassment is saying no to a man very clearly but he still will not take that no as a no. That is harassment. And if anyone else tries to tell you otherwise, they are bat shit stupid. :)

• Yes these can be good places to approach. But make sure your reading her body language and she's giving you signals that she wants to be approached. If she's not reciprocating or even acknowledging that you exist then just leave it until she does take notice of you. Its the lack of communication that annoys me. I've had one or two men that just resort to non verbal communication and they just seem to stand beside me waiting on me to initiate with them first. So they just end up giving me successions of staring, standing next to me and following me around.

• Jeez, anywhere is fine! Where I live no one approaches anywhere, it's such a boring society.

You can never be too sure there are videos out there of dudes getting screamed at loudly for just saying hi to a woman, you have to be careful because if you are in a crowded area and smile at a woman who doesn't like it, you can get called all sorts of names and the minute she mentions harassment the situation can turn ugly because people will be thinking you touched her or did something else bad, you have to be very careful and I just want to know what the correct place is to approach, I'm thinking of just waiting for women to approach me, I read on different news websites like the huffington post and feminist websites or websites where women gather, that a man should not approach and that he should wait for the woman to approach, I've been taking their Advice and am waiting for women to approach me you know.

• I would be scared if someone approaches me in these places

• you can approach me, but I'd be very blunt because i just don't like talking to people in public. school, sure why not. outside of school? nope, don't know you, get the fvck away.

• Yes, sure why not? just be gentle and calm, like don't chase her... attract her!! :D

• No, don't approach - annoying. Your success rate when people are trying to get something done will be way low.

I read on a feminist blog and on the news-huffing ton post, that a man should never approach and that you should wait for women to approach you when they want to, I've taking that advice lately, I'm just curious if there is anywhere where a man can approach a woman that isn't busy doing activities.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah man you totally should. I do this regularly when I'm out running errands. If I see a cute girl I go talk to her, if its at the grocery store, the gas station, what-ever.

Going after girls during the day is a little different than say talking to a girl at the bar or something like that. You are going to get shot down a lot more, and run into a lot more girls with "boyfriends", however you can always turn that around.

If I get the boyfriend response I just tell them "well you must have some friends that a girls right? How about we exchange numbers and you can tell them all about the awesome guy you just met today when you were shopping" It works more than you'd think.

I thought I was the only one 😂😂😂

@Nelsoen Hahah thats fucking epic man, so trashy and so epic haha

Didn't even know her name 😂 but the sex was really good and she couldn't have children anymore so I never pulled out. I continued hitting that's for a few weeks without us knowing each other very well. She started catching feelings so I ghosted her😰

• Most success has been in a club-type environment where it feels normal to converse with people known to the others in the "club".
    "Club" ranges from the most formal like church to sports teams to work/college/classes to bars/restaurants. The least formal of course allows most anyone in which raises guards unless introduced by someone she knows.

Advice: take some dance classes = solves all these problems

• Be careful, you never know if the girl will say it's harassment to say hello to her.
    Look for cues though. If she's not hot, don't approach.

How the hell could a girl possibly call harassment if you walk up and say hi to her? Maybe if you had you dick hanging out I guess.

@Psuedoscape Well, we don't know what happened before the recording, but she went back to where the man was and confronted him for saying hello, then accused him of calling her a "nigga", when he never said that. There were other people around who saw what happened.
      He didn't cat call her, he just said hello, the fact you can't say hello without worrying about if you'll get in trouble or not, is very saddening.

This one example is pretty god damn extreme. The video was running for whatever reason, its hard to say if it was staged, or if this girl is completely nuts. I'm pretty positive this is not going to be your average response if you decide to yell hello to a girl driving by in a car.

• It will probably be considered harassment by most women, unless you're exceedingly handsome and charming.

• thats not fucking harassment dude, despite what todays retarded sjw types will tell you. the appropriate time to talk to a girl is whenever you want to dude.

• 86% of women thinkmstreets and malls are a good place to be approached ( or do they approach as well) please tell ladies I don't understand this one.