Guys, Would you date your coworker?

If you are a manager at work... would you date a woman at work in different department? Why or why not? we've been texting and out for drinks few times. Even I met his friend out of work he's never ask me on a date. He is 10years older than me and single.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a common subject. People always ask questions about getting together with co-workers, or even worse, Bosses.

This is a terrible idea.

Why?

Because, everyone will talk about this. No, you cannot keep it a secret. Everyone knows "who's doing who". People can see the subtle looks, body language, etc. People will talk about you, in some cases, negatively, because they know it isn't cool.

If the 2 parties are overt in their relationship, it creates a nonprofessional environment, which can lead to difficulties with the bosses.

If it IS a boss, then problems with the next level of management may occur. Rumors are worse. "Look who's sleeping themselves upward".. on and on.

THEN, if the relationship fails. What then? Well, the talk gets worse. The two parties themselves may talk poorly about the other person. Rumors are started. True or false, a bad environment ensues.

Nothing good becomes of this.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not a manager, but no, I would not. I prefer to leave that part of my life outside of work. Right now there is a girl at work, who is a manager, and we get along, we talk. I don't know if I like her but If I develop those kind of feelings, I won't act on them. Besides, people are already spreading rumors about her and I, all the more reason why I don't want to get involved with people at work.

• I am and I did and we wound up having the most sexually charged relationship imaginable. My pet name for her was "Puddles"

• Although I try to avoid, I still would actually it's so hot to bang a co-worker

• Sliding it in doesn't have to be public