Are guys not approaching me because of my disability?

I've been told that I'm very cute and in good shape. I'm also very friendly and outgoing. I'm open-minded and straightforward. I'm also kinda perverted. But I'm in a wheelchair.
I'm pretty much independent and most of the people are amazed how I menage to do things on my own and to stay positive with all the stuff that's been happening to me. A lot of people want to be friends with me. I also notice guys when guys stare at me with "that look", I could tell that they like me but I feel like they are afraid of my disability and that they don't want to go down that road. I know this from long time ago so I had no other choice then to approach them myself. But the only thing I got most of the times is pity. They would feel bad if they would reject me (they don't want to hurt me) so they go along with dating or having a relationship with me, and then after awhile they leave with "I'm not ready for this" statement. So I stopped approaching. I just wanted to see if there are guys who will do it first. But still no luck... no one has approached me or flirted with me in more then a year now.
My disability is permanent. So is it all because of it? Do guys really have such a hard time with it even though I'm like 95% independent? Is it such a huge red flag?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I am sorry for you. Secondly NEVER GIVE UP. Thirdly, I would not date a disabled girl WHY? Not because of her infortune !!! but because I don't know her. Why should I hurt some girl who is already hurted? If I knew her from my social circle or in job or she made the first move and I loved her personality and her look too I would date her and even marry her cuz that is what person I am I never betray my loved ones, friends, family, girlfriend. Even if my current girlfriend would be disabled from accident (finger crossed) or anything else I wouldn't dump her I NEVER BETRAY. So you get the idea, many guys need to be sure that like your personality too in order to date you. I think you should meet more guys and hopefully you will meet a real guy like me not only jerks who want sex and leave. All the best

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly yea
    like I doubt I d date a disabled dude
    but that s just me

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• I'd hit you up, would reject me? Guys has there required taste in women. You being in a wheelchair matters little. There's something else that. Maybe, like you said there chickens, or they desire something else in women, or the whole independent thing.

• Is your condition one that will get worse over time? If it will turn the guy into more of a nurse or caretaker, as opposed to having a normal bf/gf or husband/wife relationship, that may make guys more hesitant to get into anything very serious or long term with you. Even if you are pretty capable of doing a lot of things there's still things you won't be able to do and that work would fall on him, it could be rather stressful. As shallow as you may think that is its definitely something thats going through each guys head when they see you, because a decision like that is going to be maybe an even bigger commitment than dating/marrying a girl that can walk. I'm sorry this sounds so negative, and I don't intend it to be negative, you deserve love as much as anyone. I'm just saying it may take a little more waiting to find the right guy who loves you as you are and can see past your disability.

• I think it is a lot about the protector part of guys. A good man is naturally going to be very protective of a girl in a wheelchair. However it is much harder to make a move on a girl that you feel that protective of.

• I would go out with a girl I'm a wheelchair if I like her. Sure I would feel bad, but I wouldn't let that dominate my feelings. I would date her and if I like her, have her as my girlfriend if she'll have me. A girl in a wheel chair is still a girl. If she is so independent, however, that she refuses my help with anything, the no. Independence is great, but not when you refuse everything.

• I'd be afraid to approach you. I'm an ass but hitting on a disabled girl would be crossing a line. I'd take you out if you were down with it tho

• Why would hitting on a disabled girl be out of line? I never understood this... I think it's really rude not hitting on us, we also want to be a dirty sluts sometimes. Why do you see "hitting on someone" as something bad or disrespectful? It's an awesome feeling, every girl likes to be hit on. So if you wouldn't be hitting on a disabled girl, how else would you flirt with her or take her out?

• Have no idea

• I would be totally ok with it, I think. No prejudices here. lol

• You just want to be pounded over wheelchair?

• Sure, why not, I like to be naughty.

• It is a big fantasy of mine I would do it to you a lot, each day

• cold hard truth, i reckon it' cause your wheel chair. but there will come a guy that will see pass that shit and hit you up

• if you're as cute as you say. and you're in good shape and you're funny and also provacative at the same time then everyguy would bee hitting you up

What Girls Said 1

• you try approaching them, its a new era now, men don't really approach anymore