Does a "Delivered" text mean she has read it?

I sent her a message 3 days ago, but the message still says "Delivered" and not "read" like it does for other people I send texts to.

I know her phone is messed up at sending texts... she had to use mine once... but I don't know if receiving texts is an issue too.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it just means it's delivered successfully from your phone to her phone. It doesn't mean she's read it. If it's delivered she should be notified of the sent message tho. Unless her phone is like the one I had. I've just bought a new one because my other one went haywire and had a mind of its own. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• She got the notification, but hasn't clicked on it.

Technically you could say that she has read it because the notification often shows the full first sentence from the message.

She either cleared the notification and forgot to reply, or doesn't want to reply. Both possibilities are bad cause it shows that your messages aren't a priority for her.

What Girls Said 4

• If we are talking whatsapp here, delivered, technically means that it has been sent to her, but not seen by her. You would get the 2 blue ticks if she has read it. Unless she has it set to where it can be marked as unread.

I'm talking about iMessage

I'm sorry then. My answer isn't helpful. I really don't know how iMessage works.

• nope
    It would say read

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Her phone is messed up, I've seen it, she literally had to use my phone to contact her friend.

• delivered just means its been delivered and unless she has her read receipt on then there's no way of telling if she's read it

• Delivered means that she got the message. So it's up to her to respond.

What Guys Said 4

• If this is Whatsapp, it means it was delivered, but the program has not been opened yet. That does not mean 100% it has not been read. On my phone I see it pop up in notifications, and as long as it isn't real long, I can read it there. It only gets the "Read" check after I actually open the app and click on the chat to read the message.

• It means she received it but doesn't mean she's opened it

• How could it?

• I see it as being delivered, not opened or read.