Is it a good idea to approach him?

A couple of weeks ago, I was leaving school to go to work. I had to use the washroom so I pulled into a plaza behind my school. Turns out I parked in a private property spot so when I came back, I seen a parking patrol officer putting a ticket on my dashboard. We had a short conversation about the ticket but he wasn't rude about it, he was talking to me in a friendly, casual manner. During the conversation I realized how good looking he was and he sort of checked me out. So yesterday I was hanging out at the plaza behind my school with a friend and we were talking about my psychology exam. I seen the same patrol officer sitting in his car. When I glanced over, I seen him staring at me. I want to get to know him but I don't know how to approach him without looking weird or desperate. I've had a bad experience several months ago when I gave a guy my number first without him asking (he only wanted to sleep with me). He seems like a cool guy but I don't know what he's like outside of his uniform and I don't want to make that same mistake again. Do you think I should try to have a conversation with him? If so, How do I approach him?

What Guys Said 1

• All you need to do is get more tickets lol. Nah but I think you should approach him. Try to have at least a short conversation - you don't wanna overdo it since he's on duty. But if you have that small convo you'll at least get to know him a little, maybe find out about when he's working and when he's off, what he does in his spare time etc. From there it'd be a little easier to ask him out or have him do it.

Lol omg if I did that, I would be broke. Trust me I want to approach him, but I'm just scared that I'm going to come across as someone I'm not. I'm very shy when it comes to guys but I don't want to miss out on that opportunity of talking to him. I might see him again this week so I will see how things go. Thanks for answering my question :)

Yeah figure out a plan that's congruent (advanced word lel) with who you are as a person. If it's one thing I've learned when it comes to dating it's that being rejected for being yourself is ok. But being rejected while pretending to be something you're not is the worst feeling ever. So just do you girl. I'll even link my motivational playlist if you feel like you need it haha.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, probably not. From experience, I have no problem approaching men and showing interest first but I have NEVER found anything long term by doing that. As a glutten for punishment I will probably still continue to do that but I wouldn't advice any women follow in my footsteps.

I know a lot of men say they love it when a woman approaches them but it seems to me that men think you are a brazen harlet and they can treat you as such when you make the first move.

Maybe just make a point of waving and saying hello every time you see him and see if he will approach you :)

Yea I see what you're saying. I might see him again this week so maybe I'll wave if he sees me. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, take care!