How many people have you dated outside of your race/nationality/ethnicity?

How many people have you dated outside of your race/nationality/ethnicity?Because I am an older Caucasian conservative, I am sometimes accused of being a xenophobe, racist, homophobe, and whatever other name my accuser may know. However, those people don't know me and they are making conclusions that suit their purpose: to put down and insult anyone who disagrees with them.

Contrary to what those people thought, over my lifetime, I have dated a few Jewish girls, a German girl, a Colombian girl, a Brazilian girl, a Filipino, and a lady from the Ukraine. All of them had some very nice qualities (obviously; why would I date a girl who was entirely bad?) However, with some of them, the cultural differences were simply too great to overcome and we parted ways. The failure of the relationship did not flow from any prejudice or bias against the lady; it was just a relationship that didn't work.

One of the Jewish girls was a JAP (Jewish American Princess); everything was all about her. The Colombian girl did not work out but not because of cultural differences; same for the Brazilian lady. I married the German girl but she was extremely materialistic and left within 2 weeks of me being laid off from my job. The Filipino was a very nice lady but I just felt no attraction to her (although I have seen many Asian women who I thought were extremely attractive!) The lady from the Ukraine was also annoyingly materialistic, perhaps as a consequence of growing up in the USSR where there was usually a shortage of some commodity. My current girlfriend was born in the US to two Jews from eastern Europe. We are extremely compatible. (Obviously, this is the typical modus operandi of xenophobic racists.)

What experiences have you had with dating outside of your race, nationality, or ethnicity? Did cultural differences make it more difficult to establish a comfortable dating relationship?

• I do not date outside of my race/nationality/ethnicity.
  • I have dated 1-2 people outside of my race
  • I have dated 3+ people outside of my race
  • I have dated 1-2 people outside of my nationality
  • I have dated 3+ people outside of my nationality
  • I have dated 1-2 people outside of my ethnicity
  • I have dated 3+ people outside of my ethnicity

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted D because that's what best fits my experience. I've never dated outside of my race (and people on here have said I'm racist because of that. ?). I'm Canadian (although born in the US, but raised in Canada), and my husband is from Serbia. Our ethnic backgrounds are similar in that we both have a Slavic background, but there are still a whole lot of differences.

A couple of years ago, I wrote a MyTake with tips on dating outside your culture/nationality based on my experience. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7011-dating-somebody-from-a-different-country-or-culture

I've found it quite enriching and rewarding to be with someone from a different country. He had a strikingly different upbringing than I did, and because of that he's taught me how to broaden my outlook on life and appreciate things. Fitting, as it's Thanksgiving weekend here 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• Outside of my race/nationality/ethnicity all in one package eh.

Anyway. Listening to those horror stories. Oooooh... ooooh. Should have stayed with the Filipino girl. I like Filipinos. Very fond memories with them growing up.

For all the ones I've grown up with , not date. They are content with what they have.
    Simple pleasures in life. While some other girls may go off to whatever , they spend their holiday with their friends , sitting around in a circle on a meadow, enjoying the sunshine , sharing treats they've made , happy people even though they don't have a lot. I respect that. Simple pleasures.

Some people after escaping poverty become very... nouveau riche , immediately forgetting who they were , the things that brought them joy and laughter.
      That makes me sad. People losing sight of who they were. I'm by no means saying I'm not materialistic , I can be materialistic as well sometimes.
      However , there this Chinese proverb. "when you drink water remember the spring" which means "remember where and how the water came from. Don’t just be thankful for the water: be thankful for all the elements and processes (both past and present) that allowed you to enjoy that humble cup of water."
      I believe that.

Thanks for the MHG

What Girls Said 35

• First, I'm mixed anyway, and I mainly date other women.

Racially, I still identify as black. Technically, I have never dated a black person, not full or otherwise. I have wanted to for years, but, personally, I find black women the hardest to attract/approach (that's who I want to date). White women and black men come up to me the most and show the most interest.

So, my past dates and/or relationships have been with white (about 2 white girls) or Asian people (a couple of Asian guys, one Asian girl) except my last girlfriend. My last girlfriend was from an African family, but they are from North Africa and North Africans are not considered black, usually. Her family did not look black, and they did not consider themselves black. They were mistaken for Arabs a lot. Anyway, toughest relationship ever, but that was also the one time I've ever been in love. Still, the cultural issues were so big, and that is primarily why our relationship didn't work--not that I couldn't or wouldn't deal with the issues, but she knew being with me would cause serious issues with her family, even if we were straight and I was a man. Both her sister and her have walked away from someone they loved because of their parents, and she and her siblings all view themselves as remaining single at least until their parents die.

Today, being older, I have a lot more hesitation about dating outside of my identified race. With white people, it's just hard to look around the US at all of the lack of racial understanding and the high racial tension and feel comfortable dating someone white. With non-whites, I worry about experiencing another cultural nightmare. And like I said about blacks, I only like black women and, yet, I have no clue how to get with a black woman--white women are so much easier, and even Asian women have shown more interest in me. Both me and my ex are probably dying alone. :\

Anyway, that's the 2000-word story of my love life!

• I dated one Hispanic guy from South America, an Indian guy from the States and a half Greek man from the States. I am from Europe but only find Turkish, Hungarian and German men attractive - all of which are not my own nationality. In fact, I've only ever dated one guy who has the same nationality as me, and I've dated quite a lot lol.

Sup baby ;D

@Jan1ssary_ lol well at age 10 I was proper ugly. And whenever I was outside the hotel, men would approach me and try to talk to me. As a result I've always found Turkish men disgusting until recently. They're basically the manly versions of Italians, which are the ultimate creeps by the way lol. I'm from Holland.

Lol yeah.. we are masculine huh, italians are feminine - penny boyos ;D Yeah our people look alike eachother thats because we are both from Mediterranean but cultures are diffrent, we are not that much into drama/romance shi'.

Lol stupid creeps.. nvm those ugly fools they are just bunch of nerds who will waste their time with jerking off in the corner forever :D Real Turks are coo' like me ;D

• 1. College boyfriend., American Indian
    2. Ex. husband American reformed Jew. hint the famous mother in law
    He tried to escape by calling himself Chinese.

3. Recent 2 white Christian American

So out of my ethnicity and race. Same nationality - American.

In the past, I wouldn't say I dated these guys. Had some encounter.
    mixed race, American Irish, American Chinese. - all American

Being in NY, there are just a lot of mixed race and we get to meet people from all diff. background.

• I haven't dated per se, but was seeing two men in in the past. Both were white; the first guy was Belarusian and the second was irish/italian. I'm mostly attracted to white men and indian men then I'll occasionly see some very hot Hispanics, black or Arab men. I'm not attracted to Asian men.

• I always have and always will date out of my race, find me someone else who is mixed with French Guiana and Swedish and Finnish that isn't my cousin or uncle or brother then we're talking about dating in my race LOL.

But if its nationality then Swedish, I have never dated or even hooked up with a Swedish guy. Don't think its gonna happen any time soon cause I don't live in Sweden.

those are ethnicities your still white l o l

@bedroomdweller Whatever you wanna think, at the end of the day Im still mixed race whether you agree to that or not. You have no idea how my relatives look like so you can't say shit about which features I've inherited from what side. And I know full well that if I wasn't mixed race I really wouldn't look the way I do. And fyi, swedes don't consider South Americans white AT ALL. And wtf of course mixed ethnicities define my genetics what you on about? Where do you think I got my brown hair and eyes from? πŸ˜‚ Oh man you make me laugh

you may look aryan, or south european white, instead of caucasian but at the end of the day your still white passing as black l o l

• I'm mixed myself, so no matter how I look at it, I've dated outside my race/ethnicity...

They were all from the same place as me... born and raised... so there weren't really any hardships there...

• I've dated 4 Black guys, a Latino, and an Asian guy. Also, lots of other White ethnicities I don't belong to (love those Nordic guys).

• Yes I have

• Not outside of my race due to not meeting any to date. Out side of my nationality just 1 guy and thats my current boyfriend.

• The only person I've ever dated was outside of my race.

• 0
    No opportunity for that... I live in a homogeneous place.

• 1. I don't really date
    2. I was going out with someone for brief period and he was same ethnicity as me.
    3. Chances of me ending up dating someone of different race/ethnicity/country are close to none as I live in a country where most people share same ethnicity as me- Indian. Although I do find men of all races physically attractive.
    4. If there's chance to date someone from different country/etnicity/race, I'd think twice before going ahead. Because of cultural differences, differences in values etc. But I am not closed to the idea tho.

• One was Swedish but It doesn't count and another one was Georgian-Ukrainian, It also doesn't count. He is still half Georgian.

• I haven't dated anyone outside my race but I would. I just haven't met anyone at school and my neighborhood is dominantly black.

• I have only dated white men... and I'm Latina so all of my boyfriends were outside of my ethnicity.

• My first boyfriend was an Iranian-Indian from a Zoroastrian family. My second is a Swedish Jew.

So, 1 outside of my religion and ethnicity.

People assume things and are ready to feel offended. Before I said I am Jewish people on here called me Nazi, I was famous as Neo-Nazi and I named my second profile 'Klara-Hitler' to indirectly make the easily offended bunch piss off and don't even try to come close to me.

You are a woman with some spunk, aren't you? I like that!

Zoroastrian! I didn't realize they were still around. The only thing I know about them is that they were the inspiration for Strauss' Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Thanks. Yes, they are still around. In Iran, mostly in Yazd, and in Gujarat-India. Also in Britain and Sweden, and Canada and USA. They aren't that many in numbers, though. Freddie Mercury was a Zoroastrian.

Also Sprach Zarathustra was inspired by Nietzsche's Also Sprach Zarathustra. Nietzsche was very interested in Zoroastrianism.

• i'm eurasian and only find Asian men physically and sexually attractive.

• i've dated people outside my ethnicity, nationality, and race.

• I dated:

1. White Guy
    2. Hispanic White Guy
    3. Almost an Indian guy lmao

• I've dated several people of Hispanic decent (I am white). They were all, however, US citizens. Never anyone outside my nationality.

• Ooooohoooo!! Its just me, myself and I... Solo right on till I die... Cause I got me for lifeeeee! :D

• Once dated a mixed guy. He was half Scottish, half Singaporean.

• Well yeah he was russian and i'm a kurd.

• Actually never dated a Persian guy

• I've never dated before

• Married an Asian and dated a Hispanic. To be fair to my low number count I really wasn't big on dating at all so just a handful of Caucasian guys.

• Only had one boyfriend, and he is white.
    I don't know don't have much to say because I never really dated to begin with haha.

• I've only dated a couple of Mexican guys and girls.

• I did and I'm not doing this ever again

• I have never dated out side of my race, religion or ethnicity but to be fair I have been in a relationship since 16 (I am 29 now) and he lived 9 houses up on what was a very Irish Catholic street.

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 26

• I'm white, only girl I ever dated was latina. We were obviously both different race and ethnicity, but both American in terms of nationality.

• i have dated outside my race. i married outside my race

• Only one outside of my nationality, she was American.
    All the other girls were Spanish, and one was mixed Spanish with Lebanese.

• Well I voted A, but I don't like the wording. "Do not" makes it sound like a policy, as opposed to "have not". I have no problem at all dating any nationality or race. I just haven't had the opportunity.

Although I had a Mexican family trying to marry me off to one of the sisters or cousins. That was just too weird. They skipped the introduction part and went straight to the "You should marry one of them." part. The girls were all standing right there and knew exactly what was going on - just too weird. I suppose that's a cultural thing. The girls didn't seem to mind, but I thought to was awkward as hell.

• I have never dated anyone, never wish to date either.

• I have 1.5 one was my classmate half german one USA.
    half geman is in rebell period. had a trust problems with American.
    But I often have words in relationship cause I am lazy to manage it
    tbh it is tired.

• None. For one, I live in a pretty homogeneous country. For two, I don't date much -__-

• Yeah a few.

• I LIKE WOMEN

• Black booty white booty red booty purple booty. Booty is booty.

• I'm not being a zaigist or maybe I'm using that word without knowing it but maybe you shave dated a Caucasian woman from the start. Interracial doesn't work for most people in the long run. Especially if one is a privileged race and the other may have a different background. Now I'm saying if it's interracial there should be more similar background and personality

• Where I am in Ireland - The country is a very high percentile probably around 95 plus White/Irish/Catholic (Lapsed Catholic) so not much opportunity here but I have dated English/Ukrainan/American women. They were all White but it wasn't a racial consideration that was foremost in my mind.

• All my girlfriends have been white British and either Catholic or non-religious.

• every girl I have dated has either been white or white mixed with something else.

• I have not dated outside of my race but I have dated a girl from another country.

• Yeah like 2 European chicks, 1 latina chick from Chile or smt.

• Damn, that guy has very hairy forearms :o

• Three

• Zero. I've only dated one girl and she's white.

• dated one out side of my country but didn't work long

• I've never dated outside my race.

• My two ex-girlfriends were mixed.

• totally into interracial relationships. My wife is black. I'm white.

• I have never went on a date so i can't say i ever dated but a black girl gave me a handjob once, is that enough to remove the suspicions of racism from the gestapo, i mean liberals?

• None (because I've never dated lol).

Being mixed, it'd be a pain if I went out searching only for people who matched my exact ethnicity. :/

• I've never gone on a date before 😂

You will, and then you can re-ask this question!

Haha if it means anything, I've been attracted to people from different ethnicities, so if I was looking to date, I wouldn't make ethnicity an issue