Am I just over emotional?

My boyfriend keeps saying that school is more important than me. I totally understand the importance of education. I'm in University as well and it is very important to me but I wouldn't go as far as telling him that he's less important. It really hurt me when he said that. He means it too. What am I suppose to do? I talked to him about it and he says that school is just more important than me. Then why doesn't he just dump me and focus on school? ughh so confusing.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Then why doesn't he just dump me and focus on school?"

If he said that you were more important than school would you expect him to drop out and focus his attention solely on you? Of course not... right? It's entirely possible to have multiple important things in one's life at the same time.

That being said, it was a dick thing to say because it implies you're not very important to him, which may or may not be true. Guy should've qualified your importance to him. But since he didn't do that you're either not very important to him or he's not that emotionally intelligent. I might reconsider your relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• School is his definite future, you are his maybe future.

What Guys Said 5

• Nah your reaction is justified. It's not something you want to hear from your significant other. But if that's how he feels right now there's not much you can do about it. Is everything else good in the relationship? Like is the relationship a stable one or a rollercoaster?

it's stable.. I'm not sure why he feels this way though. It hurts me

Yeah could be anything. Impossible to figure out unless he tells you. Could be anything from him having heard that a woman shouldn't be a man's main focus in life (which is true to an extent but shouldn't be demonstrated in this manner) to him losing interest or even feeling like he has to be able to provide for you in the future. Hope everything works out for you either way. If you have any further questions or updates I'll be here :)

• No, you are not being too emotional, I can understand why this would hurt you. Your reaction was just fair

• i can't get girlfriend if tried and I can't have girlfriend because my mom and to top it if my couch said no dating during season. So im like okay, depressing nights here i come! ahaha XD

• is he really a your BF?
    did he have a lot of women?

• millions of girls out there

What Girls Said 0