I want to start something with my crush, and I know he feels the same... so how can we make this work?

Okay, so I'm a junior in high school and I like a sophomore boy. I know, crazy. Jk 😂 No but I think he's really cute, nice, funny, and I know he feels the same about me. We've flirted a lot via our snapchat conversations, and when I asked him if he was down to get to know me more, he said "I am so down." So I know he's interested in me. He even pointed me out to his friends.
here's the tricky part, kinda: I'm shy. And I mean, I've smiled at him in the halls before, and he's beamed back. And I mean, beamed. It's really cute. But I'm so scared to actually talk to him in person, even though I know our conversation would probably go well. So what should I do? Should we text more first and arrange to hang out? Should we talk during school at some point? SOS.
(Fyi, we just started talking a week ago so this is a new crush).

What Guys Said 1

• Ask him out for a coffee or something

What Girls Said 1

• Just approach him and talk to him. Don't text anymore. You should start talking in real in order to get to know each other better.

We just talked again on Sunday and Monday and he told me I need to say hi to him in person. I told him I was a wimp around him and he said that he would say hi first. And he did 😋 So now, how do we talk more? Without it being awkward?