Can a 16-year-old girl date a 15-year-old boy?

I met this guy who I have loads of stuff in common with, and thought he was older then me when I met him, but come to find out he's a year younger! Would it be frowned upon if we dated?

I'm very attractive... so could I pull off the I-can-have-anyone-i-want-so-i-go-for-substance excuse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! My first girlfriend was 17. I was 15. We went together for a couple of years.

Ted

What Guys Said 4

• That age difference is so small it doesn't matter at all.

> I'm very attractive... so could I pull off the I-can-have-anyone-i-want-so-i-go-for-substance excuse?

You think you need an excuse to date this guy? Huh?

• Yes, your not gonna go to jail (unless someone catches you guys getting sexual, but even then I don't know). Plus, I don't think that there's enough age difference to be awkward. And you guys are close enough in age, so people wouldn't look down on it. Unless your 13, and the guy is 43, it's okay (?).

• age doesn't matter.. if he's only 1 year younger than who really cares. if you like him date him don't like 1 year get in the way. my last real girlfriend was 3 years older than me.

• You have no need for any excuse. If someone frowns upon it, disregard their opinion. There's absolutely nothing wrong with dating a guy who's a year younger.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm having the same problem. It's just a year, if ya'll have stuff in common and he is someone that can make you happy, then go get him girl (:

• A year isn't that much. If you're worried about a year age difference, I would question your maturity level, not the age difference.

And that isn't a legitimate excuse.