Is it too needy for a boyfriend to use Find Iphone function on girlfriends phone?

My boyfriend gets sad sometimes when I do not answer his texts when I am at work. I explain that my phone is on silent and I am working. He will use the Find IPhone function to make an alarm noise on my phone and it disrupts my other coworkers and me working. This has happened once last week and again today. If he uses the function for alarms, then I would guess he would also use it for tracking but I am always at work. What would be your reaction to this? I know he means well but coworkers have joked "oh you're boyfriends tracking you". So embarrassing! Does this neediness cross the line? I don't think it is controlling, but I would like other opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's really wrong for him to do that. You're at work for pete's sake and he needs to respect that and leave you alone. It's kind of pathetic in my opinion for him to do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your boyfriend is acting like a spoiled brat. He's definitely crossing the line.

What Guys Said 5

• Dump him. You may not think of it as controlling but he's controlling of you, and relationships need to be built on trust, not fear and control.

I feel like it is more needy than controlling, but I could be wrong. I definitely don't want people to think he's abusive or something.

It's definitely not healthy. Confront him about it and if doesn't change his ways you need to seriously consider dumping him. Imagine if he had your children. If he does this with you imagine what he'd do with them.

• He doesn't trust you. It's controlling because he's using the feature to make you pay attention to him when you're supposed to be working, and he's able to track your location with that. He probably thinks you're cheating.

A lot of times, when one person is cheating, they will accuse the other person of cheating.

Yes, my boyfriend did cheat on me three years ago but we have moved on from that. It's just strange how the guilty party is always more jealous/ accusing. Lessons I have learned from watching Maury lol

He might be doing so again, or might be afraid that you're cheating for revenge.

• i think this does cross the line. i would not be ok with that if i was in your position.

• Yes, it's quite sick, why does he even have access to this?

• Yea, wtf? Is he NSA or something?

What Girls Said 1

• Break up now!